Waninkoko's app tells me I have 54 titles installed...

Discussion in 'Wii - Hacking' started by Hardcore Gamer, May 6, 2008.

1. Hardcore Gamer
    OP

Member Hardcore Gamer GBAtemp Fan

United Kingdom
    When I ran the Wii Duplicated Channel Remover v2 it said "Reading Titles - 54 titles found".

After it removed my dupes I ran it again and it said 52 titles found. I thought it was a bit odd, so I installed a vc game and it then said 53 titles found and then 52 titles again when I removed the vc title.

So I looked at a few videos on youtube of people using this app and the ones I saw said 02 titles or 05 titles found on their screens.

I have about 7 titles on my menu which includes one bought vc game. I installed a couple of VC games the other day then removed them with the wad installer later but waninkoko's app tells me I have 52 titles installed on my wii?

If Nintendo gets around to scanning our Wii's for installed titles they're going to get a shock when they see I have more titles than my Wii could possibly hold!

I've noticed that Waninkoko has released Wii Duplicated Channel Remover v2.1, was this a bug?

2. Pikachu025

Member Pikachu025 GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Austria
    I think this includes every Wii disc you have run on your console, not sure.

3. SleepyPrince

Member SleepyPrince GBAtemp Regular

Hong Kong
    It also include save games
    I got 190 titles
    v2.1 clean it more completely (remove tickets)

4. Hardcore Gamer
    OP

United Kingdom
    I've experimented a bit more. I had the wad channel installer and uninstaller so I removed them which brought it down to 50 titles. I then removed the other channels which were Mario Kart, Mii Contest and a VC game but it stayed at 50.

So I formatted my Wii, copied over twilight hack so it's the only save game on my Wii and it now tells me I've got 36 titles.

Has anyone got a link for the new 2.1 version?

5. SleepyPrince

Member SleepyPrince GBAtemp Regular

Hong Kong
  6. Hardcore Gamer
    OP

United Kingdom
    Thanks.

"Reading installed titles...36 titles found"

Freshly formatted. That's one strange number. A format managed to remove 14 titles. I've never installed 36 titles, nowhere near, a few VC games and the standard free stuff from the shop.

7. mark187

Member mark187 GBAtemp Regular

United Kingdom
    It might be including the system wads too. Try running Title Lister and see how many titles show up.

8. Hardcore Gamer
    OP

United Kingdom

9. famousginni

Member famousginni GBAtemp Regular

Canada
    ... noob here...

what do you mean by hidden channels..
    what do these channels do?
    can you make it so that they appear

10. megabug7

Member megabug7 Forum Relic

United Kingdom
    I had a look at my system with the title list thingie, and I can't make heads or tails of what each of these mean.
    It shows as having 47 installed.
    I see that it keeps track of firmware updates. I see the fabled IOS37 or something. For the rest it means nothing.
    I also cross-checked two installed VC games via that 4 letter code, with the ones on my PC(they matched)

I considered doing system format, but then it prompted me to un-link my account (probably losing all my bought VC games in the process)

We need a tool that clears the 'history' of the Wii, cos I see no point why it still resides on the system if the stuffs no longer on there.