Hacking WANINKOKO - Summary of NEW cIOS36 rev10

Slimmmmmm

GBAtemp MoNkEeE
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
WiiPower said:
Any volunteers for a summarize thread for Waninkoko? I mean, Waninkoko can't be bothered with reading 100 pages of 100 threads to find out about bugs.
TRANSLATE - - - - -

So...... We are talking about cIOS36 rev10 & USB Loader 1.5

I'll re-edit this FIRST post with any info people feel should be pointed out.
First off I'd like to say a HUGE thankyou to Waninkoko for releasing this, some people don't think that the SD loading is a good feature but imho it's great and opens the door for a lot of people.
Some people have went out and bought a new HDD to find it it's not compatible so this will be good for them, also some of the poorer people will prefer to buy @ SD prices rather than HDD prices. If you don't like the SD loading, don't use it.

Now for this thread I will constantly re-edit as info comes in (hoping to save waninkoko reading through lots and lots.)
If anyone makes a wiki or FAQ, I'll add links from here. If I'm not around someone else in my house will re-edit and we will try to check every hour or so.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

BUGS - NOTE waninkoko has already provided a fix, make sure you have the new version (Usb Loader 1.5) before reporting bugs please. UPDATED NEW - 22 April
Reported on 22-April - Wifi - wiiconnect24 cant be used

LAN adapters are non working. No reports of working LAN yet.

Ripping a game to a USB devise sometimes now takes longer. This is comparing the time to rip to the same USB devise from this version and the previous version.

Cant install game via usbloader (games installed on PC work) ? Is this a drive chip issue ?

Wbfs panic: cannot modify this partition table. Please report the bug.

Same bugs from previous USB loader EG: some games require a DVD in the drive.

Old IOS Games (Games that previously required patching the IOS to 249 don't work, even with patching)

If you have a too big Cover for a game, App doesn't exit with a Code-Dump, but you can't scroll over the game entry. You can go up, or scroll to the End of the List, but you can't go to the next game.

ISO size and space reported wrong. This seems to be on the USB, as some have reported the SD is fine. Source is available can anyone provide a fix ? FIXED in 1.4

WBFS corruption PLEASE READ --> Possible fix for the WBFS corruption waninkoko confirms this fix "should" work, thanks AllWiidUp FIXED in 1.4

Shutdown (Exit with a Code Dump) FIXED in 1.4

First game in list is sometimes missing from the menu but still shows up when you highlight it. This is not happening with people who have only 1 page, but for others with more than that. FIXED in 1.4

Can anyone teset USB equipment, EG: mic's instruments ? ? ? "WiiSpeak, USB microphones, etc. fixes in rev 11." waninkoko

SUGGESTED FEATURES "Wish List"
More compatability with HDD's & SD's

Force TV modes & Force language modes.

Ocarina support.

Making SD partitions on a windows machine is causing some people problems, an easier solution?

Configuration on a game basis EG: Game 1 is force PAL, but game 2 is force Jap language etc.

A fix the IOS249 patched games in the next version.

Remove the need to have a DVD in the drive for some games (for people with a broken drive mostly)
No DVD drive support for people with a broken drive etc.

Fix the date issue. This caused a problem with World Tour DLC when SDs were being mounted in game.

Fix the SD not being shown in game. When not loading the game from the SD card itself, surely we can actually use SD features in game... like DLC in World Tour, SSBB SD stuff etc.

GameCube support.

Use a different file system ---> TOPIC - CLICK HERE "Don't expect FAT32/NTFS/Ext2-3-4 support." waninkoko
Well it is a wish list
tongue.gif

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

LINKS
Original post - http://www.teknoconsolas.es/blog/ - SD/USB Loader v1.4 & cIOS36 rev10 ---> TRANSLATED TO ENGLISH

tu.gif
Multilanguage for Waninkoko's 1.4 USBL (Turkish) -Thanks WiiCrazy

FAQ - Anyone ? Make one give me link please.
Q & A

Q - Do you need to format SD to wbfs ?
A - Yes

Q - How do you have the app there then if it's formatted to wbfs?
A - Make 2 partitions EG:
/dev/sda1 fat for SD/USB Loader 1.2
/dev/sda2 wbfs for games

Q - How do I replace background image ?
A - To replace the background image, copy the image file with the name"background.png" inside "usb-loader" folder in the root of the SD card PNG format only.

Q - How do I add game covers ?
A - To add a game cover, copy the cover image inside "usb-loader/covers" folder in the root of the SD card. The filename must be the same as the game ID ( with .png extension and size = 160x225 ).

Wiki - Anyone ? You get much respect for "starting the ball rolling" Start, and give us a link
biggrin.gif

I'm now going to read through all the info and start making this post concise, if anyone has anything to add and posts below, I'll re-edit this first post.

Again thanks Waninkoko, kwiirk, neimod, TeamTwiizers, devkitPRO devs, WiiGator & BETA testers etc
biggrin.gif

Also thanks for everyone on gbatemp for reporting bugs / suggesting improvements. (not gonna name check everyone, y'all know who you are) Will point out AllWiidUp who provided a great fix for waninkoko to solve the corruption issues.

WiiPower

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
This thread is for collecting information for Waninkoko. If he doesn't know exactly what's wrong, he can't fix it.

We really need a wiki where everybody can add bugs and more detailed information about bugs.

suiller

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
it's a good idea...

anyway in my experience I'm using just usb loader 1.2 with western digital HD... I'm too lazy to change DVD every time, so it works all here

all other "important" app, such as preload (.29) or HB, still work as before

of course I'm on 4.0(E)

I just noticed some small issues... in the usb loader (1.2), for ex the arrow near the game name when you reach the top side simply vanish away, it's not a real problem, also because I look at the game images... but I noticed this small issue

thx,
davide

WiiCrazy

Be water my friend!
Trophies
Website
www.tepetaklak.com
XP
Country
Better at least in the test phase he releases this new custom ios for another slot rather than 249... this way people can test it...

ps: nevermind, seen in the other thread it's already so...
ps2: nevermind the second time... they are all 249 I guess... so my first suggestion still holds true...

Blue-K

No right of appeal.
Trophies
XP
Country
Swaziland
Well, for me, there's a small or big improvement...

-I'm unable to load RedSteel, SSX and Co. with 1.1 (like all the others too
tongue.gif
). They give me a green or a black screen. With 1.2, I see at least the "Licensed by Nintendo"-Screen, or the Handwrist-Screen before my HD shuts down (?). That's a big improvement, I think
smile.gif

-Time Bug is still present for me...It shows the right day, month and Time, but the year is wrong (2010). And yes, the right date is configured in the Wii Seetings Menu...so it must be the loader...

-Oh, and the App crashes in a Code Dump, when it tries to load a big Cover (600x847). I know it's too big, but it was worth a try, right
tongue.gif
?

-And then the other bugs...(500GB-Partition, shows 0GB free, with 52 Games...yes shure
rolleyes.gif
, ISO-Size, LAN, etc..)

Ell2Cool

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Blue-K said:
Well, for me, there's a small or big improvement...

-I'm unable to load RedSteel, SSX and Co. with 1.1 (like all the others too
tongue.gif
). They give me a green or a black screen. With 1.2, I see at least the "Licensed by Nintendo"-Screen, or the Handwrist-Screen before my HD shuts down (?). That's a big improvement, I think
smile.gif

ive still got 1.1 and for me, SSX loads up to the wii remote wriststrap screen anyway, but fails after that.

shanefromoz

Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
I Love Waninkoko's v1.2 usb loader.
My only issue is the free and used space information is incorrect.
I have installed cIOS36 rev10 but still have that problem.
I have no way to inform Waninkoko so if someone else could that would be gr8.

Cheers

Slimmmmmm

GBAtemp MoNkEeE
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Please don't report bugs etc that are already in the first post it doesn't help waninkoko. This post is to hopefully make the information concise and factual

Please don't pm him unless you know him, or have something URGENT. Seriously he will NOT WANT pm's. If you want to tell him he's great or say thanks do so in a post in forums, not by filling his inbox (I imagine it's full with useless info)

Do post if you can add more details to problems, examples or offer a possible fix.

Someone can concentrate on a wiki or FAQ and we can add a link in the first post.

Thanks for all the useful contributions.

waninkoko

Trophies
XP
Country
Don't expect FAT32/NTFS/Ext2-3-4 support.

IOS250 is just a CIOS backup for precaution (if IOS249 gets corrupted or uninstalled).

WiiSpeak, USB microphones, etc. fixes in rev 11.

maglat

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Gambia, The
waninkoko said:
Don't expect FAT32/NTFS/Ext2-3-4 support.

IOS250 is just a CIOS backup for precaution (if IOS249 gets corrupted or uninstalled).

WiiSpeak, USB microphones, etc. fixes in rev 11.

Great! we are looking forward for rev 11.
Can you say something about the WBFS corrput bug?
I think this is very important
http://gbatemp.net/index.php?showtopic=147969

KongsNutz

[Team Oceanic]
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
hey Waninkoko........ dude

Is it possible to fix the IOS249 patched games in the next version............PRETTY PLEASE WITH SUGER ON TOP hahahaha

Blue-K

No right of appeal.
Trophies
XP
Country
Swaziland
Hey, new Infos from the "Time-Bug" I reported...

I think it doesn't exist
shy.gif
...because I deleted my old Save-File from ACWW (bye bye, my friends
tongue.gif
), and started a new game from the Loader (v1.3). Date was recognized proberly, I was also able to change it in the system menu, and it was still recognized proberly...changed it four times, no problem...so it works now. Don't know what caused the problem before...anyways...

Slimmmmmm

GBAtemp MoNkEeE
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Blue-K said:
Hey, new Infos from the "Time-Bug"...I think it doesn't exist...because I deleted my Save-File from ACWW (bye bye, my friends
tongue.gif
), and started a new game. Date was recognized proberly, I was also able to change it in the system menu, and it was still recognized proberly...chnaged it 4 times, no problem...so it works now. Don't know what caused the problem before...anyways...

Thanks m8
biggrin.gif

LAN

We need more info on this.

If you have a LAN adapter (I don't) try EVERYTHING please and post results.

Start with LAN = fail ?
Start THEN connect LAN = ????
Load game then connect LAN etc etc

Playing about and trying trial and error may provide information that can help others.

Slimmmmmm

GBAtemp MoNkEeE
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
mooseknuckle2000 said:
can anyone confirm better game compatiblilty with this or is that strictly .dol related?

Compatibility "seems" the same EG: games with problems still do. Although some reports problems games get slightly further before problems arise.

If anyone has a game that didn't work with the previous version and does now please post.

As always I'll update the first post to save people reading through the entire topic.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: good night