Hacking Waninkoko CFW + Spiderman 40GB PS = DO NOT INSTALL

bnui_ransder

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
EDIT: EDIT: PS3 Models CECHA, CECHB, CECHC, CECHE, CECHG = 256MB NAND, and has a higher chance TO BRICK IF YOU INSTALL THIS CFW

Lots of PS3s are having problems with this CFW at the moment, and I wouldnt recommend using it. Especially if you have the same model as mine.

bnui_ransder

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The model number was the Spiderman 40GB bundle, and upon checking, it is a CECHG01. Many model numbers with 256MB NAND are not compatible. Upon digging a bit I was told models with CECHA, CECHB, CECHC, CECHE, CECHG = 256MB NAND. Even if you arent an owner of this model, you still run the risk of bricking.

Linkpal

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Wanin jumped the gun way too early, similar to what happened to him with the Wii Homebrew scene. If he takes anything from Team Twiizers, it's to test, test, and test some more after you think you've tested everything there is. There's a reason the Hackmii installer is such an impressive piece of software; it's got the same polish and quality as anything you could buy.

Originality

Chibi-neko
Trophies
Website
metalix.deviantart.com
XP
Country
All of this is already covered in the other thread. Also some people have reported successfully installing Wanin's CFW on these 256MB NAND PS3s. People have observed that these models have a higher chance of bricking, but it's not certain. Either way, every model PS3 has been bricking, and every model PS3 has had some successes. We don't know what's causing it.

EDIT: Misinformation is the bane of forums, and scare mongering doesn't help those who keep popping up with "so I want to hack my PS3 but I'm scared about bricking..." threads.

DeadlyFoez

XFlak Fanboy
Banned
Trophies
Website
DeadlyFoez.zzl.org
XP
Country
United States
Lucky for you all, I can repair the dual nand PS3's. Anyone interested in having their PS3 unbricked? PM me for details.

And as anyone here knows, I am most known for my wii brick repairs, the dual nand PS3 is not much different.

Thomas83Lin

Retro Gamer
Trophies
Website
www.thomas83lincodes.com
XP
Country
United States
DeadlyFoez said:
Lucky for you all, I can repair the dual nand PS3's. Anyone interested in having their PS3 unbricked? PM me for details.

And as anyone here knows, I am most known for my wii brick repairs, the dual nand PS3 is not much different.
I've been holding off on installing anything, but if i do have future problems i'll look you up, does your method only work on older fats, i have both Slim and fat. Also you should head over to Psx-scene there is alot of people bricked over there
frown.gif

nando

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
the ps3 is too big to be called a brick. i think i new term is deserved... maybe cinder blocked - i know it doesn't have the same ring to it.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye: all my stuff is wired anyway