Waninkoko 4.0 updater then Wii System Update?

Discussion in 'Wii - Hacking' started by FireEmblemGuy, Apr 5, 2009.

1. FireEmblemGuy
    OP

Member FireEmblemGuy Finally hit 1000 posts

United States
    I used Waninkoko's 3.2 Downgrader and then his 4.0 upgrader yesterday, and since then(my Wii's been out of commission for months, I didn't test it after putting it back together, but my issues were drive related, not memory) I've been getting all sorts of odd errors just trying to run anything non-HBC related. Asking the Wii to perform a system update gives me the general 'unauthorized modifications may fuck up your system with this update' warning and starts downloading... something. It timed out last time, so I don't know if there's even really anything to install, but it shouldn't mess anything up, right? I mean, it's already pretty messed up, but it shouldn't hurt my homebrew, right?

2. dimmujed

Member dimmujed GBAtemp Regular

United States
    Did you have cios v7 or v8 installed? If not you may need to check out my fix topic. Click my name and go to topics or whatever, it's there somewhere.

3. FireEmblemGuy
    OP

United States
    I had 7 installed, and updated to the latest before I went to 4.0. I'm not sure if the 'update' actually did anything, all it said when it was done was that parental controls were available... With my luck, it probably just went around everything I did and patched IOS16, but that can be undone if that's what happened.

4. menage730

Member menage730 GBAtemp Regular

United States
    if you have tev 8 or rev9 uou should be able to downgrade with cios downgrader + ios downgrader to get back to 3.2 nintendo didnt block 249

5. FireEmblemGuy
    OP

United States
    Very true, and I've already gone back and forth while trying to solve another problem. However, I was wondering why I was already on 4.0 and was asked if I wanted to update.

6. menage730

Member menage730 GBAtemp Regular

United States
    fire emblem guy you should create a topic on that so the coders here can give you their thoughts & assistance might be nothing but since you the first person its happen to & hey you might be the key to completely block their so called auto update feature my advice to everybody is if you use wiiconnect when you finish make sure you completely power down because thats the only way for them to auto update your console i mean theres apps on your pc that will wake you out of standby so whos to say nintendo didnt implement it with the new systemmenu