Hacking wana buy flashcart

defkickjam

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
iwana buy a supercard lite with superkey or m3lite wtih passcard3 or g6lite with passcard3. I am going to buy one of those bundle but i need some help decideing. So please some one tell me which one out of those 3 is good and y thx.

Fondue

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I think the m3 is a pretty good way to go. (Might be because I own one, so bias exists in this post.)

I have not had any problems with it.

From the extensive research I did on the other options (I was looking at the exact same ones you were.) I found that:

g6 had some reported problems. (Some of which really sucked. I cannot recall offhand what they were, but they were serious problems, firmware corruption or something. ...extensive research, eh?) They did not happen to everyone, but they were definitely problems I wanted to avoid. But the *MAIN REASON* why I did not go g6 was the limited amount of storage. (512mb was not enough for me. I play movies and experiment with homebrew applications as well.)

supercard- initially, the price and homebrew were nice, but homebrew took a hit when a major homebrew player stopped production on a major homebrew application. (But, I do not know what the current status of this is.) supercard is still pretty cool though. Lacks a bit of GBA support, which is the MAIN problem for me. A plus for supercard is its saving features, which I envy. (M3 does not have horrible saving features. In fact, it does not dramatically change the way you do anything. But it definitely affects me psychologically.)

Anyway, reason why I chose the m3 (microsd by the way) and some factors that played a role in the decision:

1. I like games, and I hate carrying things around. M3 has good support for DS and GBA. (game support, and I do not have to carry my game carts around. especially gba carts, which are an annoying size in my opinion. They are durable, but hover between that state of "durable-ness" and "not-quite-durable-enough-to-survive-a-roadtrip." NDS cart simply cannot survive. ...my NDS case is a Q-tip box with socks padding. () )

2. Supposedly, M3 has a slow menu system. (When compared to the g6 touch menu, or supercards... something. I think it scrolls faster? Cannot remember.) Anyway, menu scrolling/whatever does not mean anything to me. I spend like... 5 seconds in the menu anyway. Do not get me wrong, a touch screen would be "cool", but frankly, I do not care all that much. Again, I play games, not navigate through menus. But, if you are trying to impress your friends, or are big into asthetics, then you might want to factor this in. It does have some slowness to it.

3. M3 products have been kicking a lot of ass for a while, and receiving a lot of support. So, me being a consumer that requires a lot of customer feedback before making a purchase, M3 seemed to be good. (Note: I am not saying the other cards have not been kicking ass. It was a very difficult choice between the 3.)

4. External storage device. It is a necessity for me.

,,,but ultimately, I went with m3, and it has performed great. No problems at all. Right now I have Pirates of the Caribbean on it (The movie) and 12 DS games or so. No problems at all.

One complaint I do have however (about the m3microsd) is the microsd itself. That thing is so freaking small. I feel like I am going to break it every time I touch it. ...this is more of a complaint about micro sd, than the m3. The m3 actually houses the micro sd very well. It is spring loaded and everything. But make sure you work in a windless environment, because those micro sd's will seriously blow away.

Edit: I had the word "though" in like, 4 consecutive sentences. Made me look like a bit more of a dumbass than I can actually take credit for.

deathspawn999

Trophies
XP
Country
i like the g6 because its all in one thing. you dont need to screw around with and potentially lose your memory cards (i am very bad at that shit
frown.gif
). g6lite in the nds at all times unless im moving files to/from the actual thing, and then it goes right back into the nds. no issues.

fischju_original

I used to be a jerk before i got banned
Banned
Trophies
Website
www.dpgdownloads.com
XP
Country
United States
512mb is to small and defeats the purpose of a all in one, flush fitting card (so you can take it with you more, which would mean more time playing and the need for music and movies)

Shinji

҉҉ ҉҉
Trophies
Website
www.google.com
XP
Country
United States
512mb is to small and defeats the purpose of a all in one, flush fitting card (so you can take it with you more, which would mean more time playing and the need for music and movies)

Its not that small actually. And for an all-in-one, the G6 is great. Its been said before, but some people would rather have several games they play through and beat rather than their whole library like in the SC/M3.

As well, just as deathspawn999 said, you dont have to worry about losing the memory card thats smaller than a thumb nail.

There really is no "better" flash cart. Each has its own pro's/con's and appeals to different groups. My suggestion, check out each website and figure out what it is that you want out of it, defkickjam. We can provide you with opinions and facts so you can form your own opinion and partake in the flash cart wars >=)

defkickjam

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
ight thx for the help i decide to get g6 lite because of its all in one compatibility as for its memory space i think 512 is enough for me i just wana put like 10 games at once to play. Well thx everyone.

joeinnit

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
128mb (1 gigabit) is the largest a DS card can get. So, worst case scenario you can fit 4 of the largest games on a g6.

CatScam

ScamaRama!
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
This always kills me when ppl say; all I need are 5 games on my flash cart.
There are new games coming out every day, what are you going to do when
you want to check them out? Delete one then backup another, what a pain in
the ass! There are games you play with friends, games you play at home &
even games you play in a doctors/ dentist office. If you get stuck in a game
that’s driving you crazy you can switch to another until you come back & figure
it out. I had a friend telling me the same thing, but after a bit he found the 512
extremely limiting. And he now regrets buying the G6, mainly because he’s one
of the many that has it crap out on him. Hell I think1 Gig is cutting it short, but
with small storage, bad homebrew support, volatile ram & even an annoying
splash screen… I wouldn’t touch it.

Fondue

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
The reason I went the external memory route was to prepare for the future. When games are larger in size, I still want to be able to carry a few games.

Though, I do see the point made where having many games at once "saturate" their value. (I feel it from time to time.) It makes getting into one game difficult because there are so many available. So, it kind of takes more time to find the one you like. ...but I have managed to survive.

Anyway, I had heard that G6 was going to come out with a 1gigabyte (I *hate* working in bits) version in the future. (But that was a while back. Not sure if they are still doing it.) You might want to wait for that.

I have a 1gigabyte card at the moment, and enjoy keeping a lot of "skillbuilding" games on them that I can do everyday for 10 minutes. (There are about 5 games dedicated to that.) In addition, there are those quick games you can play as you wait through commercials, or at the dentist or whatever. Multiplayer games. Then games I actually want to spend some real time on. (This has been mentioned before, just re-emphasizing.)

I have just recently reached the point where I am having to think of which games I want to keep on, and which I want to kick off. It is difficult.
...but I am in luck, becuase I have a 2 gigabyte card available should I want it. And who knows what will be available in the future. I might even be able to fit every single "Friends" or "ER" episode known to man on my m3. (Not that I would, since I am not particularly fond of those shows, just an overexaggerated example.)

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • Veho
  • BakerMan
    I rather enjoy a life of taking it easy. I haven't reached that life yet though.
    Veho @ Veho: That's a relief to hear. Do you know what happened?