Waluigi sucks!

Sweater Fish Del

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Wario was created in Super Mario Land 2: 6 Golden Coins...

FIX'D!

He was the last boss.
Actually Wario's first appearance was in Wrecking Crew released way back in 1985. Now, some people will tell you that this character's name is "Spike", but it is clearly Wario and there's no mistaking him at all. Looks like Mario, but he's wearing yellow and has a handlebar mustache and he's malevolent. That's Wario alright.

Also, I agree with yus, Waluigi is the most kick assenest character in the Mario world. By far. Nintendo needs to wise up and give him his own game already. It would be on the Wii and they could call it Wiiluigi. See? It already sounds cool even without knowing how it plays.

...word is bondage...

omarroms

Trophies
Website
www.freewebs.com
XP
Country
United States
Luigi used to kick ass in Super Mario 2. But I don't remember any other significant appearance of Luigi since then. Maybe Mario Kart DS, I preferred Luigi over Mario (that's until I unlocked all carts for any character)
how can you forget Luigi's Mansion for the gamecube, i think its the one game where mario isn't the main character you get to play as.

kalfsvag

Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
QUOTE said:
Now, who is Luigi's rival? Does his name make sense? The answers are Waluigi and no. See, Nintendo didn't know they would ever be making 'evil twins' of Mario and Luigi so they didn't make the names reversable. They got lucky with Mario, but Luigi just didn't work. So, when they introduced evil Luigi they did the silliest thing possible and just tacked on the 'Wa' from Wario. Pathetic!

Waluigi's name makes very much sense. It's just that you, as English speakers, aren't able to sense the cleverness of this name. In Japanese, "waruii" means "evil, bad". So when you have a character named "Ruiigi", what do you call his evil twin? You guessed it! "Waruiigi". It just so happens that this doesn't work out in English... ;__;

Now, I have nothing against your condemnation of Waluigi, I just become mildly annoyed when people assume things about which they are ignorant. Waluigi is indeed a useless character, and I would be happy to see him dead (or a jew).

SlyGuy

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
QUOTE said:
Now, who is Luigi's rival? Does his name make sense? The answers are Waluigi and no. See, Nintendo didn't know they would ever be making 'evil twins' of Mario and Luigi so they didn't make the names reversable. They got lucky with Mario, but Luigi just didn't work. So, when they introduced evil Luigi they did the silliest thing possible and just tacked on the 'Wa' from Wario. Pathetic!

Waluigi's name makes very much sense. It's just that you, as English speakers, aren't able to sense the cleverness of this name. In Japanese, "waruii" means "evil, bad". So when you have a character named "Ruiigi", what do you call his evil twin? You guessed it! "Waruiigi". It just so happens that this doesn't work out in English... ;__;

Now, I have nothing against your condemnation of Waluigi, I just become mildly annoyed when people assume things about which they are ignorant. Waluigi is indeed a useless character, and I would be happy to see him dead (or a jew).

Interesting! So they just got lucky with Wario being the reverse of Mario then? Seems like a huge coincidence that Mario with the M flipped is Wario which, when a similar prefix is applied to his brother Luigi, means evil.

JohnoBoy

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Iceland
shouldn't Jewigi be wearing a yarmulka instead of his hat?
Actually, as a religious Jew I can say that you can substitute your yarmulke for a hat in cases. I know of some some jews who prefer wearing hats over yarmulke while visiting some foreign countries so they can't be recognized as Jews (afraid of violent anti-semitics).
Also althoguh I am religious I don't walk around wearing David-stars, holding Torahs while balancing menorahs on my feet
tongue.gif

bollocks

Trophies
XP
Country
also: "waruiji" is an anagram of "ijiwaru", which means "malicious" in japanese. so really it was quite well thought out, it just didn't transfer to english at all well.

Jeda

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Actually Waluigi is an anagram of "u Wii gal" as well as of "Wii lag u", which is acutally kind of intresting. There will possibly be a Waluigi Wii game where the fact that he is actually a woman can be discovered. The game will also feature addictive online multiplayer, succesful enough for it to suffer from bad lag because of too many players.

SlyGuy

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada

Actually, as a religious Jew I can say that you can substitute your yarmulke for a hat in cases. I know of some some jews who prefer wearing hats over yarmulke while visiting some foreign countries so they can't be recognized as Jews (afraid of violent anti-semitics).
Also althoguh I am religious I don't walk around wearing David-stars, holding Torahs while balancing menorahs on my feet
tongue.gif

Lol. He's a bit of a showoff, that Jewigi! I think this thread has blossomed into something great! I just expected to get a few laughs from the over-the-top absurdity of my doctored photo, but I actually managed to learn something about Japanese language and Jewish culture!

Also, now that I think about it, Nintendo's characters really are very one-dimentional. While Jewigi is obviously out of the question, it would be very interesting if the characters did have more multi-faceted personalities including religious beliefs, hobbies, love lives, life goals, etc. Maybe the time has come for Nintendo to humanize their characters!

JohnoBoy

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Iceland
Hmm, afaik Nintendo has a kind of 'no religion' policy, for example Animal Crossing has a "festive tree", "festive candle". Although that could be with the whole merry xmas happy holiday thing that been going on.
About personalities? That would be nice, most "big" nintendo characters are mute (ignoring catchphrases...), only chracter who comes to mind who ever spoke much is Samus Aran. Also Wario seems rather talkative over his games, so we all know what his "life goals" are
tongue.gif

I think Nintendo is playing safe with their approach, with every minor game semi-scandalous quote hitting headlines (a.k.a GTA:VC "Kill the Haitians!"), I bet Nintendo wouldn't want any 6 year olds going to their moms holding the DS and saying "Mommy, Mario is pro abortions!"
biggrin.gif

[Edit]
Ohh, forgot StarFox, wonder how that came to mind
happy.gif

Well, since I only played the DS one, Command, can't tell much of the series, but I didn't see any life changing motives there...

Hitto

MKDS Tournament Winner
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
France
Also, now that I think about it, Nintendo's characters really are very one-dimentional. While Jewigi is obviously out of the question, it would be very interesting if the characters did have more multi-faceted personalities including religious beliefs, hobbies, love lives, life goals, etc. Maybe the time has come for Nintendo to humanize their characters!

blink.gif

You take your video games way too seriously..

kersplatty

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Actually Waluigi is an anagram of "u Wii gal" as well as of "Wii lag u", which is acutally kind of intresting. There will possibly be a Waluigi Wii game where the fact that he is actually a woman can be discovered. The game will also feature addictive online multiplayer, succesful enough for it to suffer from bad lag because of too many players.

rofl2.gif
rofl2.gif
rofl2.gif
rofl2.gif

AWESOME_noob

Trophies
XP
Country

tongue.gif

So he IS a jew..i think the menorah on his foot gave it away... so if hes Luigis rival then i wonder what Luigis faith is...

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: