wii%20package%20with%20Ben%2010%20game.jpg
Plus_sign.jpg
57893.jpg
Equals_sign_in_mathematics.jpg
blue-wii.png

Just sayin'
What he said!

Agreed
You all forgot to subtract the Gamecube.

And the backup disc compatibility.

Krestent

What to post?
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I would only get one for research purposes...
I would like to know exactly what on this Wii prevents GC loading, whether it uses a special System Menu, and whether the places for the controller ports are there (just with no ports soldered onto them).

A different drive that doesn't read GC games, and there are no GC controller ports. It's all pretty straightforward. Other than that, it is just a cheaper Wii with the same software.
I meant, are the wires for them on the motherboard gone or did they just remove them? What would happen if I took one of these Wii's, installed BC and MIOS, booted Swiss, and launched a game?

Tom Bombadildo

Dick, With Balls
Trophies
Website
POCKET.LIKEITS
XP
Country
United States
I would like to know exactly what on this Wii prevents GC loading, whether it uses a special System Menu, and whether the places for the controller ports are there (just with no ports soldered onto them).

A different drive that doesn't read GC games, and there are no GC controller ports. It's all pretty straightforward. Other than that, it is just a cheaper Wii with the same software.
I meant, are the wires for them on the motherboard gone or did they just remove them? What would happen if I took one of these Wii's, installed BC and MIOS, booted Swiss, and launched a game?

From what I understand, the wires are gone. And you wouldn't be able to launch a game anyways, because the DVD drive DOES NOT READ GAMECUBE GAMES. Burnt or not, WILL NOT READ.

D

Deleted-236924

I have zero interest in playing GC games on a Wii as of right now.
But the color? No thanks.

Krestent

What to post?
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States

From what I understand, the wires are gone. And you wouldn't be able to launch a game anyways, because the DVD drive DOES NOT READ GAMECUBE GAMES. Burnt or not, WILL NOT READ.
Do you know what Swiss is?

kupo3000

Trophies
XP
Country
This is Nintendo's way of saying, "If you really want to play Super Smash Bros. Brawl or Dragon Ball Z: Budokai Tenkaichi 3 with a standard pad, then spend money on a classic controller pro instead of using your old gamecube controller".

D

Deleted-236924

TBH, I'd rather buy a classic controller than a GC controller, because the classic controller has the added bonus of being able to be used with the emulators on Android.

D

Deleted User

Yes, the blue wiis.
Quote ONM: "Slightly altered to remove gamecube compatibility"

Shabutie78

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
This is Nintendo's way of saying, "If you really want to play Super Smash Bros. Brawl or Dragon Ball Z: Budokai Tenkaichi 3 with a standard pad, then spend money on a classic controller pro instead of using your old gamecube controller".
not really. it's more like
"we know no one gives a shit about gamecube anymore, so we took backwards compat. out and made it cheaper for you."
do you nintendo/ngc fanboys even realize how old the gamecube really is?

Reactions: 1 person

manuel1984

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
While the lower price is always a nice thing, the lack of backwards compatibility is a deal breaker for me. You can easily find a pre-owned Wii at the same price, if not cheaper, so why buy "less for more"?

This is a typical bundle for the casual, non-retro gamer who has no interest in Gamecube games whatsoever.
and that names about 95% of wii owners. outside of this forum, of course.

I would say 95% inside this forum and 99% outside.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    NinStar @ NinStar: It will actually make it worse