Walmart and Target will no longer sell Pokemon cards in store due to "safety concerns"

chari.png

Target is banning the sale of certain brands of trading cards, and will no longer carry them at physical locations. This is apparently due to safety issues, with official banners being posted up in certain locations across the United States, claiming that the decision is to, "ensure the safety of our guests and team members". The new policy hasn't gone into effect just yet, but will be happening at all Target locations tomorrow, May 14th. Customers will still be able to buy the banned brands of cards, which include Pokemon, MLB, NFL, and NBA trading cards online at Target.com. While Target hasn't pointed out what safety issues in specific it has regarding the cards, there have been occasions of crime occurring and fights breaking out at Target stores over them. Just a few days ago, a man was assaulted by a group of other men, with the latter attempting to steal the cards from the individual. At least, until he pulled out a gun and scared the would-be thieves away, all whilst in the parking lot of a Target.

Another major American retail chain, Walmart, is also choosing to prohibit the sale of all trading cards, following these recent events. Some Walmart stores have similarly posted notices in newly cleaned-out sections, explaining that "inappropriate customer behavior " has lead to the decision to no longer sell cards.

:arrow: Source

Silent_Gunner

Crazy Cool Cyclops
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
And yet, they still continue to sell plenty of much less safe items than trading cards... :creep:

*Great Value cleaning spray who's spillage all over myself legit almost caused me to lose sight in one eye intensifies*

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

This seems like straight out of The Onion.

Or the Babylon Bee.

CrossOut

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
HAHAHA! I recall many years ago that the one reason they where banned in all schools was because of fighting. I recall that at my school barely anyone was into pokemon cards anyway. I think because of all the Youtubers getting into selling the cards now that is why there is such a big demand of people wanting the cards. Though i think that most of that cards that are worth a damm are usally really old and cost you an organ to afford it.

Will our resident gbatemp news rapper have a fire rap for this one.

Last edited by CrossOut,

diggeloid

Alex
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The Pokemon fanbase never disappoints

*Great Value cleaning spray who's spillage all over myself legit almost caused me to lose sight in one eye intensifies*

Or the Babylon Bee.

Goddamn liberals, you'll have to pry my Great Value cleaning spray from my cold dead hands!

MasterJ360

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thank god I work at a small target. Never had any customer issues so far this year. Interesting how Covid makes anything valuable - like im seeing grown men try to find certain hotwheels to buy, so they can re sell it for $50. Then you have ppl actually camping outside for baseball cards.

zoogie

playing around in the end of life
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
Micronesia, Federated States of
At least, until he pulled out a gun and scared the would-be thieves away, all whilst in the parking lot of a Target.
> whilst

Always knew Chary actually lives in the U.K.

Her cover is blown. :ninja:
I will now read all front page material in a British accent and it will be very funny indeed.

Last edited by zoogie,

Chary

Never sleeps
OP
Chief Editor
Trophies
Website
opencritic.com
XP
Country
United States
> whilst

Always knew Chary actually lives in the U.K.

Her cover is blown. :ninja:
I will now read all front page material in a British accent and it will be very funny indeed.
Drinks Earl Grey with pinky up

I've been corrupted by all my friends, those darn Canadians and Brits!!

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Maximumbeans, I'm doing alright, thanks.
    +1
  • Maximumbeans @ Maximumbeans:
    That must be rough. Productive I'm sure but hard to balance with daily life
    +1
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Maximumbeans, Indeed. I've been working on getting this Infecutus chip to work on my PS2. But after soldering, I realised that a plastic piece was missing from the power ribbon cable to the power and eject buttons.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Now I could go with soldering the contacts from the cable to the connector on the mobo, but doesn't sound like a good permanent solution.
    Man, that's beyond my brain :rofl: I'm no good with hardware for now. I'd like to get into hardmods in future though
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Maximumbeans, Maybe start practice soldering. Get a cheap-ass soldering iron and follow some good YouTube tutorials.
    +1
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Least my experience has gotten better than over a decade ago. My iron would constantly bump into components and break them.
    Sounds good. I actually did soldering but like 16 years ago for school so uuuuh probably rusty haha
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Maximumbeans, Same here. I did soldering at school from a teacher who I honestly liked since he had plenty of good electronics experience.
    +1
    I wish I could play chess well
    +1
    Useless but a true art
    +1
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Maximumbeans, I had a friend who had a glass chess set for their birthday.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    It was like all clear and fancy. Tbf I'm not too experienced with chess, but would like to learn someday.
    That sounds really cool
    I know the basics but no strategy at all :rofl:
    +1
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Watch chess streamers on Twitch and you'll pick up a thing or two.
    +1
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Not to mention there's an infinite number of chess games for every possible platform.
    +1
  • DinohScene @ DinohScene:
    just play it, get beaten a few times and start dominating
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Nude chess is best
    +1
  • DinohScene @ DinohScene:
    strip checkers > nude chess
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Nude checkers get jumped
    +1
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Veho, I guess you'd pick up something while watching tub streams.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @K3Nv2, Dick fights. :tpi:
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Turkish olive oil wrestling.
    +1
    Veho @ Veho: Turkish olive oil wrestling. +1