Hacking walktrough and maybe cheat enable/disable ingame for Wood R4?

seahorsepip

OP
Trophies
Website
seahorsepip.deviantart.com
XP
Country
Netherlands
I thought About a way to get an ingame guide(walktrough) possible without extra ram so it doesn't run 2 things at the same time...
Maybe it's possible by adding an function to pause/save state by pressing a button combination and then let it load an other rom with text reader function that reads the guide and with a back button that loads the previous rom's savestate/resume rom.
Will this ever be possible without any extra ram?

bason230

Trophies
XP
Country
I think there's no point than. Getting more RAM for a walk-through isn't worth it in my opinion. There's so many other ways you could remedy to that.
Cheat enabling and disabling while in game might be possible though, since DSTWO does that. I'm not sure though, never got around to pay for that flashcard yet.

By the way, this is off-topic but congrats for the world cup, Netherlands xD

seahorsepip

OP
Trophies
Website
XP
Country
Netherlands
@bason
thats what I meant, The dstwo has extra power build in for that ingame menu and run 2 things at same time....
And wood can't because r4 doesn't have that extra power build in but when it runs the apps/roms after each other instead of together at same time it doesn't need any extra ram.....
But how to make the game start at same place before the ingame menu then..maybe load rom with current hex code when loaded before
unsure.gif

bason230

Trophies
XP
Country
Or, the 3rd option is to make a WooDSTWO R4 8D
Okay, more seriously, since you seem to know much much more than I do, do you think your idea can be codeable? Because, franlky, for the cheats, that would be great =D

Supersonicmonk

Trophies
XP
Country
I was under the impression that RTS/save states are hardware dependant which is why the M3i zero can use them and the R4 can't, I don't use cheats very often but I thought that the R4 does have a method of disabling/enabling them in game

seahorsepip

OP
Trophies
Website
XP
Country
Netherlands
Supersonicmonk said:
I was under the impression that RTS/save states are hardware dependant which is why the M3i zero can use them and the R4 can't, I don't use cheats very often but I thought that the R4 does have a method of disabling/enabling them in game
nope thats why I thought of ingame menu and then reload rom to the savestate from before the ingame menu...but this wirhout ram is the problem....

seahorsepip

OP
Trophies
Website
XP
Country
Netherlands
bason230 said:
A great designer, by the way. Thanks for the PM answer =D
Maybe we could use DSLibris? Heard it was a good txt reader.
yea but its using much system resource and thats not handy when rom is loaded at same time so I think build in reader that use so less ram as possible is better to prevent chrashing.

seahorsepip

OP
Trophies
Website
XP
Country
Netherlands
Supersonicmonk said:
yea some of them but then with combination's like at GTA CHINATOWNWARS police off and police on but the are different cheats, and I was more referring to ingame guide

tk_saturn

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
It's simple, if you want these features go get a DSTWO.

WoodR4 will never have RTS, Y.W.G has already said he has no intentions of doing it.

SamusKnight2K

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Not to sound like an ass here, but I doubt anyone would even bother looking into this. I'd imagine the only reason Wood R4 was made is so those with the older R4 flashcarts could use them again. Any extra bells/whistles would require you to buy an updated flashcart. Now depending on if you have a DS/DS Lite you could go with SCDSONE and get a reader feature. I think Cyclo and some of the cheaper carts offer viewing text while gaming. I never actually tested but I think the Acekard 2i can do that too and you can get one off shoptemp fairly cheap for about the price of a used game.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Veho @ Veho: The cybertruck is a death trap.