Question Wake Switch from sleep remotely to allow access via FTP

Discussion in 'Switch - Exploits, Custom Firmwares & Soft Mods' started by morrison22, Sep 13, 2018.

1. morrison22
    OP

morrison22 GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Nov 26, 2005
    United States
    With all the latest developments in the homebrew scene, I was curious if anyone stumbled upon a way to wake the Switch from sleep mode without physically touching it or using a joycon/pro controller. The reason is so I can remotely utilize the enabled FTP function in SX OS or other CFW to send a file to the sd card while away from my switch. Is this even possible to do?

Last edited by morrison22, Sep 13, 2018
  2. Kubas_inko

Kubas_inko "Something funny goes here."

Feb 3, 2017
    Czech Republic
    I gues on earth.
    I doubt it has WoL (but it can be implemented).
    So there is no way to wake it up.

3. morrison22
    OP

Nov 26, 2005
    United States
    Understood. I'll definitely keep an eye out for any such projects that may be able to implement a WOL feature.

4. sirAnger

sirAnger GBAtemp Fan

Dec 4, 2002
    United States
    Michigan
    If you keep a paired right joycon or pro controller nearby, you can boot it up with the home button. Not ideal but it works even if the controller is not attached to the switch.

Of course this doesn't work remotely - only within bluetooth range. If you are planning on being in a different room or building then this won't work.

5. Kubas_inko

Feb 3, 2017
    Czech Republic
    I gues on earth.
    He does not want to use joy-cons though.

6. hippy dave

hippy dave BBMB

Apr 30, 2012
    United Kingdom
    Ok, assuming wake-on-lan isn't going to be an option, a controller is probably the only way to wake it. So to achieve what you want remotely via the network/internet, you could... make/buy one of those button-pushing robots (I'd been looking at one called Switchbot for other reasons, but it's only bluetooth-controlled unless you also buy its hub, there's probably alternatives tho), so you could trigger it over the network to push the controller's home button, or open up a spare controller and wire the home button to a raspberry pi or something.

7. Kubas_inko

Feb 3, 2017
    Czech Republic
    I gues on earth.
    Or he can use arduino as a controller and just add lan port to it.

hippy dave likes this.
  8. morrison22
    OP

Nov 26, 2005
    United States
    lol. I mean.. I don’t think I’m gonna go as far a building a robot. Though I have to admit that is interesting. I’ll tough it out and see if anything software wise develops, else no biggie.