Waiting for the Christmas prize

Discussion in 'General Off-Topic Chat' started by jurassicplayer, Apr 12, 2010.

Apr 12, 2010
  1. jurassicplayer
    OP

Member jurassicplayer Completionist Themer

United States
    I couldn't really think of a great place to put this thread (I guess there is always the EoF...) but anyways, if any of the mods feel that it is better somewhere else, feel free to move it.

So anyways, the GBATemp Christmas has been over for quite a while and of course, with all of the evils of WikiNDS and everything, its expected to take a while, but I'm wondering how long should I wait before I realize something is definitely wrong and that I should give up hoping for it (whether it be lost in the mail, swindled, etc.) because for all I know, it might appear tomorrow...or 6 months from now...or never xD.

All of the winners got pmed about the status of our prizes on March 1st that said GBATemp's affiliates would be sending the prizes after a week (which means that roughly a month has passed already). I was happy enough getting the MicroSD a couple weeks back and of course I've been trying to keep it updated (so it will be a snap if my M3iZero does appear), but I'm still curious as to how long to wait until there is definitely something wrong.

And for all the people that came here and read this stuff, here is a small bit of amusement. On the r4li site, they have posted up the wood r4 firmware (gave credit and everything of course), but if you look at the part where it says "From", there happens to be a peculiar name for GBATemp.net, which is now GABTemp.net xD. [Link]

2. TrolleyDave

Former Staff TrolleyDave Philosolosophising

United Kingdom
    You should have PMed an Admin. [​IMG]

3. jurassicplayer
    OP

United States
    Well, I wouldn't want to really bother anyone xD (its IS a prize afterall, so its not like I was fully expecting to win in the first place, though I did get a decently sized microsd...shame its a class 2 xD)

I'm just wondering if any of the other prize winners got theirs yet.

4. Keeley

Member Keeley GBAtemp Fan

Canada
    I got the microSD too! I'm waiting for my M3i also

5. jurassicplayer
    OP

United States
    I guess we could always ask the other prize winners and then see if any of them have received anything apart from the microSD as well. Then at least we know that it isn't just the two of us (and that we aren't completely left out to dry xD)

6. zuron7

Member zuron7 RBYG

India
    The sponsors didn't supply the prizes to Temp.
    So the Admins have to pay for the prizes themselves.
    So they tried asking for the prizes from the sponsors but they did not respond.
    That took almost two months.
    So I suppose you'll have to wait for a few weeks more.

7. dice

Former Staff dice pansy-ass ex-staff member

United Kingdom
    We're now affiliated with Shoptemp so I can only assume that your prizes will be coming from there (and/or elsewhere for the items that may not be stocked on that site).

I don't know anything regarding when this will happen (or if the items will be coming from shoptemp to begin with), I'm not even involved in this process, but they are my assumptions.