Hacking WAIO v1.16 (REPACKED v3.0)(CK3)

ShadowtearX

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
wood_firmeware_gbatemp.net_2010.jpg

WAIO is a program originally made by Xenon++/Taiju Yamada.
This repacked package contains a few fixes and changes in files taken from the latest Wood R4 v1.62 firmware.

Get latest unofficial WAIO firmware: WAIO v1.16 for R4 Clones (REPACKED v4.0)
Get latest Wood R4 boot loaders: Wood R4 (.NDS files to load Wood R4 as a secondairy firmware)

All credits goes to 'Xenon++' & 'Yellow Wood Goblin'

Last edited by ShadowtearX,
Reactions: Kvnrdrguez

ShadowtearX

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Rydian said:
1.16. One Point One Six.
Not 1.28. This is old shit.

CoolKill3r, can you provide proof that you're not distributing stuff he said not to?

Do i need to explain myself?
And if i lower myself by doing so, will you not go further into detail?

Rydian

Resident Furvert™
Trophies
Cave Entrance, Watching Cyan Write Letters
Website
rydian.net
XP
Country
United States
Okay, look, there's an accusation that your download includes files that an author said not to redistribute. We all saw the author say not to redistribute them, and you're aware of this.

I'm asking you to prove that your download doesn't contain his files, because if so they will be removed.

Reactions: Kvnrdrguez

ShadowtearX

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Rydian said:
Okay, look, there's an accusation that your download includes files that an author said not to redistribute. We all saw the author say not to redistribute them, and you're aware of this.

I'm asking you to prove that your download doesn't contain his files, because if so they will be removed.

Hope this answers your question:
nodistributingproof.png

I deleted the folder and removed all hex data of the rpglink.nds file
This was AFTER i posted a link of WAIO and he told me this to remove in the download.

ShadowtearX

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
nebula91 said:
Is there compatibility with new games using this WAIO?

I tried something and it seemed to work but it messed up the whole system.
So i'm going to look further into it and see if i can fix this.

jurassicplayer

Completionist Themer
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
United States
He's tried doing this for every single one that he possibly could get his hands on...As shown by a certain thread link that he posts in EVERY SINGLE THING that he repacks. And btw, if anyone hasn't noticed, he is also shoving unneeded files as well (and of course shoving a supremely suspicious file which turns out to be another file stuffing credits to him and Xenon++ for a second time).
I suppose technically there isn't much wrong with the download (unless YWG doesn't like it and the fact that it is seriously outdated and seems to be just for increasing e-peen...). Though why anyone would feel the need to repack something that was already correctly set up to begin with and then plaster their name around is beyond me...even Amaro at least attempts to DO something else with the various homebrew he stuffs together...this repack literally just delivers the files that were previously packed up fine in an unpacked fashion and then REPACKs it for whatever the hell reason to give people the same pack they would have started with in the first place and then some extra crap that doesn't even DO anything.

Nathan Drake

Obligations fulfilled, now I depart.
Trophies
XP
Country
Mbmax said:
CoolKill3r, please respect Xenon++ wish and don't distribute WAIO any more.

To be fair, CoolKill3r isn't distributing any files that Xenon++ said not to according to that screeny. I mean, I can't be sure since I'm not downloading it as I have an original R4, but if those files aren't in there, what Xenon++ wanted is still technically being upheld.

WAIO is really outdated and should just be abandoned though. It had lots of problems even when it was an active project (for the short time that it was), and was abandoned presumably because it would be too much work to keep updated and bug free. I don't know for sure, I didn't even try to keep up with it.

ShadowtearX

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Mbmax said:
Maybe you should read again the WAIO original thread : http://gbatemp.net/t237398-waio-woodallino...t&p=3250866

Like i said before, I've spoken to the person in question before, so i don't see the problem?

As for the download, i never said it would support new games, all I'm simply doing is updating this package with the latest files from the ongoing wood firmware updates.

I think we can stop this discussion now.

Last edited by ShadowtearX,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    realtimesave @ realtimesave: I have it in my hands