Homebrew WIP WAIN Cart Dumper NX V0.0.2 XCI Dump Tool

JaRocker

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Jamaica
Tried this to dump my cart cert it faild as my sd card is fat32..i dont see any reason for the exfat restriction..the cert is so small in size it should be fine to dump it with fat32.
You need exfat because fat32 can't hold fines bigger then 4gb exfat can

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

For what do you need certificates? Can I use for example odyssey certificate with a botw or doom xci?
You need the certificates so you can play online an no haveing to worry that much about getting banned and no you cant use Odyssey certificate with doom or whatever whatever certificate you dump from the game card is for that game and that game only

Actually we dont know if it might cause a ban or not due to installing exfat without requisting it officially from nintendo server...so am trying to minimize the risk as much as i can
Now back to the topic is there anyone know how to make it support the fat32 format as everything does?
As of right now you'll just have to download dumps and use a tool to split them so they can fit on a fat32 sd card

Reactions: GamingAori

MonMonz

Trophies
XP
Country
Egypt
There's no reason to stay on old firmware either, just update to 5.1.0 already.
you clearly don't know what you are talking about right?
right now i can use all the stuff you guys use including HBL and everything and in the near future i will get a soft mode (You Won't)
next i will have a big chance for cold boot
you want me to update and blow my chances ?
thanks but no thanks :)

Reactions: DollyWhipDoll

Jayro

MediCat USB Dev
Developer
Trophies
Website
ko-fi.com
XP
Country
United States
right now i can use all the stuff you guys use including HBL and everything and in the near future i will get a soft mode (You Won't)
RCM coldboot is good enough for me, since my system is always asleep. I reboot less than 2 times a month, so I'm not bothered by it. My TX SX Pro will be here soon.

Reactions: Subtle Demise

masterspike52

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
your sofware exploit wont come out till some time after atmosphere (We dont NEED a sofware exploit because we know how to use a jig, paperclip, tin foil, etc....)
your coldboot is only available from 1.0.0 to 3.0.0

Reactions: Centergaming

8BitWonder

Small Homebrew Dev
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
There's no reason to stay on old firmware either, just update to 5.1.0 already.
There is actually.

For users that don't want a hardware entry into Atmosphere, 4.1.0 and below will eventually receive a software entry.
While users on 3.0.2 and below are said to be the only possible firms that a coldboot solution may be made for, with 1.0.0 being the most likely.
All newer firms from 5.0.0 on will require entering RCM through hardware means for a good while.

Edit: Leave it to me to not check the 2nd page and see someone already posted about this.
Ninja'd I guess.

Last edited by 8BitWonder,

MonMonz

Trophies
XP
Country
Egypt
your sofware exploit wont come out till some time after atmosphere (We dont NEED a sofware exploit because we know how to use a jig, paperclip, tin foil, etc....)
your coldboot is only available from 1.0.0 to 3.0.0
Am fine with using jig on my 2.1 switch for couple of weeks tell i get the soft solution..and as i mentioned am on 2.1 so i will get the cold boot option too
You can enjoy wearing and tearing your switch rail for the rest of your switch life

RCM coldboot is good enough for me, since my system is always asleep. I reboot less than 2 times a month, so I'm not bothered by it. My TX SX Pro will be here soon.
You will have to reboot at least every atmosphere update we get not to mention that it wont be so stable at first so yea ecery time it crash you will need to use your jig again..if thats fine with you then u good to go and update
But thats not fine with me at least as i have a better options coming in the future

Last edited by MonMonz,

Dvdxploitr

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

You can use all the homebrew yes, but you cannot play games online and you cannot run ALOT of the Switch games. Homebrew is nice and all, but why spend $300 on a system to not actually PLAY it's games all in hopes of one day being able to play NES games in the future? I'm on 5.1.0, other than a couple homebrew apps that I mentioned before (Doom and Neo Geo Pocket Color Emulator), I can technically do more than you can on your 2.1 system. I can actually play ANY Switch game on my Switch that I want to. Not to mention, once the TX Xecutur device is shipped out, i'll be able to play backups as well. All this to be able not require a phone/PC/dongle to boot your system...how often do you turn off your Switch anyway? Sleep mode WORKS on the latest version of Hekate. I've run the exploit on my Switch using a wire on the pins on the rail and not had to do it again since the release of sleep mode on 5.1.0 Hekate...

"Advantage" of low firmwares:
1. Chance of coldboot.....
2. Higher compatibility with homebrew apps

Disadvantages of low firmware:
1. Cannot play a LARGE chunk of Switch games
2. Cannot use eShop
3. Cannot play games online
4. Less "Stability".

Advantages of CURRENT firmware:
1. Play latest games
2. Play games online
3. Access eShop
4. Homebrew works even with sleep mode
5. Will be supported with TX Xecuter OS with backup loading with all the latest games

Disadvantages of CURRENT firmware:
1. Lower/no chance of coldboot
2. Lower Homebrew compatibility

I say the advantages outweigh the disadvantages. I mean, $300 for the Switch is a pretty amount of money...You can get a 7" Android tablet that could play most of the same homebrew apps and emulators that the Switch can run plus spend less money.

8BitWonder

Small Homebrew Dev
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You can use all the homebrew yes, but you cannot play games online and you cannot run ALOT of the Switch games. Homebrew is nice and all, but why spend $300 on a system to not actually PLAY it's games all in hopes of one day being able to play NES games in the future? I'm on 5.1.0, other than a couple homebrew apps that I mentioned before (Doom and Neo Geo Pocket Color Emulator), I can technically do more than you can on your 2.1 system. I can actually play ANY Switch game on my Switch that I want to. Not to mention, once the TX Xecutur device is shipped out, i'll be able to play backups as well. All this to be able not require a phone/PC/dongle to boot your system...how often do you turn off your Switch anyway? Sleep mode WORKS on the latest version of Hekate. I've run the exploit on my Switch using a wire on the pins on the rail and not had to do it again since the release of sleep mode on 5.1.0 Hekate...

2. Cannot use eShop
4. Less "Stability".

1. Play latest games
2. Play games online
3. Access eShop
5. Will be supported with TX Xecuter OS with backup loading with all the latest games

I say the advantages outweigh the disadvantages. I mean, $300 for the Switch is a pretty amount of money...You can get a 7" Android tablet that could play most of the same homebrew apps and emulators that the Switch can run plus spend less money.
You do realize that emuNAND coming with Atmosphère will eliminate all of those disadvantages for lower firmware, right?

The only real disadvantage is having to wait a little longer for Atmosphère.

Last edited by 8BitWonder,

DKB

NO
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Am fine with using jig on my 2.1 switch for couple of weeks tell i get the soft solution..and as i mentioned am on 2.1 so i will get the cold boot option too
You can enjoy wearing and tearing your switch rail for the rest of your switch life

You will have to reboot at least every atmosphere update we get not to mention that it wont be so stable at first so yea ecery time it crash you will need to use your jig again..if thats fine with you then u good to go and update
But thats not fine with me at least as i have a better options coming in the future

you sound like the type of person what will brick their switch after day one lol

MonMonz

Trophies
XP
Country
Egypt

2. Cannot use eShop
4. Less "Stability".

1. Play latest games
2. Play games online
3. Access eShop

Patience my friend..soon i will have emunand and will be able to do all your 5.1 + extra
Good things comes to those who wait remmber that ;)

you sound like the type of person what will brick their switch after day one lol
don't worry about me bro am extra careful..worry about your switch and jigs tho lol
Anyway back to the topic
Anyone got the code yet ?

Draxzelex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

2. Cannot use eShop
4. Less "Stability".

1. Play latest games
2. Play games online
3. Access eShop

Using TX on the latest firmware to play backups is just asking for a ban

Dvdxploitr

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Using TX on the latest firmware to play backups is just asking for a ban

If they ban me, I don't really care, i'm going to be getting a second Switch for "legit" use anyway....even if I just buy a "console only" on eBay and use my existing joycon and dock...Even if I needed to charge both at once, I've already got a second USB-C wall adapter for it...

Draxzelex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If they ban me, I don't really care, i'm going to be getting a second Switch for "legit" use anyway....even if I just buy a "console only" on eBay and use my existing joycon and dock...Even if I needed to charge both at once, I've already got a second USB-C wall adapter for it...
That's fine for you but I can already tell that other less-experienced users are going to be making numerous threads asking how to get unbanned. There was already a Splatoon hacker asking if there was a way (which there isn't, yet).

Dvdxploitr

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
That's fine for you but I can already tell that other less-experienced users are going to be making numerous threads asking how to get unbanned. There was already a Splatoon hacker asking if there was a way (which there isn't, yet).

Was it someone that was cheating in Splatoon 2? If so, he deserves to be banned. Personally, i don't see any problem with playing backup games online, just as long as you don't cheat. I did that with my PS3 for about 3-4 years.

Draxzelex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Was it someone that was cheating in Splatoon 2? If so, he deserves to be banned. Personally, i don't see any problem with playing backup games online, just as long as you don't cheat. I did that with my PS3 for about 3-4 years.
In order to play backups online, you need a header. For the 3DS, we were able to dump headers from our own personal games and inject them into our backups to play online. For the Switch, it may not be as easy since the headers for Switch games may be tied to the games themselves meaning you may need a header from a copy of that game in order to play online. Its still too soon to say if it will be sufficient enough to go online without a ban.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @salazarcosplay, I'm here.