Hacking wads ... wiiware works VC does not

elistan

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I was helping a friend to setup his wii, and for the life of me can't figure out why on my system I can install both wiiware and VC wads and be able to play them. But on my friend's wii, after doing all the same things I did with mine (i think ... ), installing wiiware games works fine but VC wads which installs fine refuse to play. Running VC wads just reboots the wii back to main menu.

wii 4.0
wad manager 1.4
cios 10
homebrew channel

Any ideas ?

nutella

Low Glycemic Index
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
it may not be a case on vc wads not working, but the fact that your vc wads may be a different region. if this is the case, either enable the region free channel hack in preloader or get same region wads. the latter is easier.

that or an ios issue

elistan

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Hmmm ... regarding region issues ... the only difference i can think of between the two is that ...

my wii is an original ntsc-u while my friend's wii is ntsc-j converted to ntsc-u firmware ...

would that be a problem ?

Posts merged

would running ios-downgrader help ?

supermodchips

Trophies
XP
Country
Considering that your wii is on 4.0, there should be no issue in regards to missing IOS. I would attempt to determine whether the wads are out of region as that can be an issue.

RadioShadow

Trophies
XP
Country
elistan said:
Hmmm ... regarding region issues ... the only difference i can think of between the two is that ...

my wii is an original ntsc-u while my friend's wii is ntsc-j converted to ntsc-u firmware ...

would that be a problem ?

Posts merged

would running ios-downgrader help ?

Update your friends Wii to 4.0U. The newer Wii Channels like Pulseman won't work on older firmware.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Veho @ Veho: Firefox users be like "look at what they have to do to mimic a fraction of our power."