Wads and SD card copying and loading issues 4.0U

Discussion in 'Wii - Hacking' started by Hooya, May 25, 2009.

May 25, 2009
  1. Hooya
    OP

Member Hooya GBAtemp Advanced Maniac

United States
    So I followed the steps given to me here:

http://gbatemp.net/index.php?showtopic=157053

And I got Wad Manager 1.4 working on my 4.0U system. Wads install and run off of the system menu just fine. Of course, there is only so much space on the Wii, and I moved a few over to the SD card using the Wii's Data Management menu. They "moved" over to the SD card just fine. The problem is when I try to play those Wads from the SD card it gives me an error: cannot load (essentially). Furthermore I cannot copy them back to my system menu from the SD card. It give me the error "The data may not have been copied" and indeed it wasn't.

I can of course re-install the Wad on my system by way of the Wad Manager, but I wanted to avoid this.

Is there a way that I can play games, copied from the system to the SD card, without re-installing them through the Wad manager. I have tried copying over "legit" wads, such as the Internet Channel and the Check Mii Out channel, and those move back and forth with no issues. It's only the ones installed with the Wad Manager that have issues.

Any suggestions or help is greatly appreciated.

2. imapterodactyl

Member imapterodactyl GBAtemp Fan

United States
    You need to patch your IOS60 in order to play your unofficial (or unpurchased) wads via SD... that's part of pretty much every 4.0 upgrade tutorial here, so you shouldn't have much trouble finding how to do this.

3. Hooya
    OP

United States
    Ah, OK. I had not done this. I'm trying to minimally alter my system, but I guess that's out the window after I installed BootMii. :-/

Thanks.

4. 9th_Sage

Member 9th_Sage GBAtemp Maniac

United States
    Well, assuming you don't want to alter your system you could just buy the game. >_>

5. Hooya
    OP

United States
    That's problematic with homebrew, since none of it is official. But yeah, thanks.