Hacking Wadmanager problems

shadowofdarkness

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I can't install anything with Wad Manager anymore. Is their a way to fix this? All that I have done since it worked was

Install cIOS249 v6 from Backup Launcher .3 beta replacing cios_fix (My main guess at the problem, even though it works for my backups)
Upgrade to HBC beta 9
Install Starfall

I am running 3.2U and alot of the wads where previously installed and working but got uninstalled for various reasons including just more tests for why I could not install anything new.

djtaz

PM's Full - Wadder Me
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
shadowofdarkness said:
I can't install anything with Wad Manager anymore. Is their a way to fix this? All that I have done since it worked was

Install cIOS249 v6 from Backup Launcher .3 beta replacing cios_fix (My main guess at the problem, even though it works for my backups)
Upgrade to HBC beta 9
Install Starfall

I am running 3.2U and alot of the wads where previously installed and working but got uninstalled for various reasons including just more tests for why I could not install anything new.

Usually not being able to install things is due to an upgrade of the file system to 3.3u.
I installed the cIOS249 v6 on top of the cios-fix and it didnt cause any issues.

I didnt update my HBC because it said .elf files didnt work and some of the stuff i use are .efl files
I also didnt install starfall so hopefully some of that may give you a little more info .... dont think i can help with the problem though sorry.

shadowofdarkness

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I don't think it is the CIOS anymore because I did a few test that never fixed anything. First I uninstalled WiiGators CIOS249 completely and tested wad manager with no CIOS installed and it still did not work. Then I installed Waninkokos v6 since it says it also works with backup launcher .3 beta and still had the problem.

My next test is to roll back to HBC beta 8 and try again. Even though it would be strange for that to be the problem.

I hope it is not Starfall because I really like it now, plus I read the only way to uninstall it is to upgrade firmware. Which would jump me to 3.3Uv2 and that is more hassle then it is worth. Trying to downgrade.

If none of that worked I would be confused since that is all I have done to my system for along time.

oligore

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
New Zealand
Im not sure if this is similar to yours but mine stopped connecting to the internet and would freeze on quit when I installed CIOS4.
Edit: No I just forgot to remove memory cards

shadowofdarkness

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Who wants to laugh at me? ...I uninstalled the HBC using Any Title Deleter then went to start Zelda to reinstall the old version. It asked me to connect my Nunchuck, guess what I can't find. I have been searching for about 10 minutes but can't find it, to start Zelda and install the HBC.

This sucks badly.

DaMummy

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
the reason it doesnt work is because hbc 9 doesnt handle elf files anymore, your wad manager was likely an elf file, get the newest wad manager which is a dol file and it will work with hbc9

shadowofdarkness

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Mine is a dol. It does start and even start the installation but after the title when it tries the content it errors out.

Also I did find my nunchuck and rolling back the HBC did not fix the problem. I also found out how to remove starfall patches and it did not fix anything either.

kedest

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Netherlands
wad manager needs to be updated to work under hbc9
you can do this yourself, it's not difficult. but a few applications still don't work after such a patch. the wad manager may be one of them, I don't know for sure. But since it's an application that writes to the wii's memory, I think it's best to wait for an offical updated release in DOL format

shadowofdarkness

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
After a bit of work I think I found out what error ret = -1 is. It seems it can't read the data in the wad. I wonder how this happened since I have previously installed the same wad's.

I have tried different media (usb stick) but it gets error -1 just trying to access the drive and does not even load the wad list.

oligore

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
New Zealand
shadowofdarkness said:
After a bit of work I think I found out what error ret = -1 is. It seems it can't read the data in the wad. I wonder how this happened since I have previously installed the same wad's.

I have tried different media (usb stick) but it gets error -1 just trying to access the drive and does not even load the wad list.
On the old versions it didn't work if you didn't have an SD card in the slot while reading off the USB and I don't think this bug has been fixed

Does anyone know if there is an alternate method of loading WAD files because I also began getting this error after my SD slot broke, which is really when I needed to use a USB?
Is it possible to inject a WAD into a self extracting DOL or Elf like the homebrew channel installer so that it can be installed via the homebrew channel over wireless?

djtaz

PM's Full - Wadder Me
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
oligore said:
shadowofdarkness said:

On the old versions it didn't work if you didn't have an SD card in the slot while reading off the USB and I don't think this bug has been fixed

Does anyone know if there is an alternate method of loading WAD files because I also began getting this error after my SD slot broke, which is really when I needed to use a USB?
There is a WadManager1.21.wad file that may install a channel - i havent tried it but i have a copy in my zip if u want to give it a go.

shadowofdarkness

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I seem to have got it fixed. Something must have corrupted a few files on my SD card, when I deleted everything off my card then started with fresh downloads of each file from the Internet it started working again.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Mkay.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    I just ordered another package from China just to spite you.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Communism lol
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    OUR products
  • The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye:
    @LeoTCK actually good quality products are dying out because they can't compete with dropshipped chinese crap
    +2
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    @LeoTCK is your partner the sascrotch or smth?
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Good morning
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Out of nowhere I got several scars on my forearm and part of my arm and it really itches.
  • AdRoz78 @ AdRoz78:
    Hey, I bought a modchip today and it says "New 2040plus" in the top left corner. Is this a legit chip or was I scammed?
  • Veho @ Veho:
    @AdRoz78 start a thread and post a photo of the chip.
    +2
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Yawn
  • S @ salazarcosplay:
    and good morning everyone
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    @BakerMan, his partner is Luke
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    Sup nerds
    +1
  • Flame @ Flame:
    oh hi, Sickly
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Oh hi flame
  • S @ salazarcosplay:
    @K3Nv2 what was your ps4 situation
  • S @ salazarcosplay:
    did you always have a ps4 you never updated
  • S @ salazarcosplay:
    or were you able to get new ps4 tracking it \
    as soon as the hack was announced
  • S @ salazarcosplay:
    or did you have to find a used one with the lower firm ware that was not updated
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I got this ps4 at launch and never updated since 9.0
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    You got a good chance of buying a used one and asking the seller how often they used or even ask for a Pic of fw and telling them not to update
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: You got a good chance of buying a used one and asking the seller how often they used or even ask...