Hacking Wad Wii Shop Channel Downloads

KanoBlade

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I've installed a few Wii Ware wads and one VC Injected wad and as i know the downloads were disabled for VC games but were left enabled for Wii Ware titles. I've installed the Wii Ware titles and was able to download them from the wii shop channel after installing them using the Wad Installer Channel + Banner off of this website however recently when i accessed the wii shop channel any wad i had installed wasn't available for download and required me to purchase them again (i have a few purchased on my "public" wii but not on my personal wii). I did recently re-download Defend Your Castle and i've only installed a new Wii Ware game (Dr. Mario Rx) that i had "patched" using Free the Wads (I dragged the wad file into the freethewads executable and it "patched" it), i'm not sure if that had any effect but basically on my personal wii it's as if it knows which games i've purchased before.

I've uninstalled them (using the Wad Uninstaller + Banner channel provided off this website) and re-installed them, but again the wii shop channel would not let me download them.

I'm more or less curious if anyone else has experienced this or if there's a fix or if i'm doing something wrong.

CosmoKramer

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yep. Same thing here.. Yesterday i went on the Wii Shop Channel to see what games came out, and noticed that the 4 WiiWare Games that i installed didn't say "Downloaded". And i know for a fact that they ALL said it the day before. I was never planning on downloading them from Nintendo in the first place. But i DID notice it. But the games still work tho.. I wonder what happened tho..

deba94

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Either way you phrase it, it doesn't sound too good... Should we be expecting an update?
I'm actually starting to get worried. The amount of worriedness though, is very slim
biggrin.gif

jinxvorheeze

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Which is exactly what everyone said would happen once people started abusing the Wii Shop instead of just using a WAD installer

death69inc

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
jinxvorheeze said:
Which is exactly what everyone said would happen once people started abusing the Wii Shop instead of just using a WAD installer

and as it should be there is no reason why you need to install from the shop use the wad installer and be done with it

crap jsut thought about something when I replace my motherbaord my legit games I will no longer be able to download will I ??? damn GPU over heated and graphics messed up now

might be something to contact nintendo on @)*&)@R%&@

cyfer20

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I am new to this forum, but I have tried going onto Wii Shop channel today and it is stating I need to do an update, I have a softmoded wii and will definitely not do this, would anyone know how to get around this?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    AncientBoi @ AncientBoi: 🥓 🍳 🍞 🍽️ 🥛