Wad Wii Shop Channel Downloads

Discussion in 'Wii - Hacking' started by KanoBlade, May 21, 2008.

May 21, 2008
  1. KanoBlade
    OP

Newcomer KanoBlade Member

Canada
    I've installed a few Wii Ware wads and one VC Injected wad and as i know the downloads were disabled for VC games but were left enabled for Wii Ware titles. I've installed the Wii Ware titles and was able to download them from the wii shop channel after installing them using the Wad Installer Channel + Banner off of this website however recently when i accessed the wii shop channel any wad i had installed wasn't available for download and required me to purchase them again (i have a few purchased on my "public" wii but not on my personal wii). I did recently re-download Defend Your Castle and i've only installed a new Wii Ware game (Dr. Mario Rx) that i had "patched" using Free the Wads (I dragged the wad file into the freethewads executable and it "patched" it), i'm not sure if that had any effect but basically on my personal wii it's as if it knows which games i've purchased before.

I've uninstalled them (using the Wad Uninstaller + Banner channel provided off this website) and re-installed them, but again the wii shop channel would not let me download them.

I'm more or less curious if anyone else has experienced this or if there's a fix or if i'm doing something wrong.

2. CosmoKramer

Member CosmoKramer GBAtemp Regular

United States
    Yep. Same thing here.. Yesterday i went on the Wii Shop Channel to see what games came out, and noticed that the 4 WiiWare Games that i installed didn't say "Downloaded". And i know for a fact that they ALL said it the day before. I was never planning on downloading them from Nintendo in the first place. But i DID notice it. But the games still work tho.. I wonder what happened tho..

3. Sir VG

Member Sir VG GBAtemp Advanced Fan

United States
    I noticed that as well. Perhaps that Nintendo "fixed" the Wii Store?

4. deba94

Member deba94 GBAtemp Fan

Canada
    Either way you phrase it, it doesn't sound too good... Should we be expecting an update?
    I'm actually starting to get worried. The amount of worriedness though, is very slim [​IMG]

5. KanoBlade
    OP

Newcomer KanoBlade Member

Canada
    I was enjoying this feature of re-downloading [​IMG]

6. Shinster

Member Shinster GBAtemp Regular

Philippines
    It seems they are checking the actual transactions now and not just the ticket in the console.

7. jinxvorheeze

Member jinxvorheeze GBAtemp Advanced Fan

United States
    Which is exactly what everyone said would happen once people started abusing the Wii Shop instead of just using a WAD installer

8. death69inc

Newcomer death69inc Advanced Member

United States
    and as it should be there is no reason why you need to install from the shop use the wad installer and be done with it

crap jsut thought about something when I replace my motherbaord my legit games I will no longer be able to download will I ??? damn GPU over heated and graphics messed up now

might be something to contact nintendo on @)*&)@R%&@

9. cyfer20

Newcomer cyfer20 Newbie

Canada
    I am new to this forum, but I have tried going onto Wii Shop channel today and it is stating I need to do an update, I have a softmoded wii and will definitely not do this, would anyone know how to get around this?

10. Sir VG

Member Sir VG GBAtemp Advanced Fan

United States
    http://wiibrew.org/wiki/Wii_Shop_and_IOS51_installer

11. Fulgore

Newcomer Fulgore Member

United States
    Why would you bump this thread with an obsolete/outdated solution?

12. Edgedancer

Member Edgedancer Director of Moon based operations

Australia
    At least he offered a solution. What did you contribute to this thread. Nothing. Just like I have. I hope your happy. [​IMG]