WAD Save Configs

Discussion in 'Wii - Emulation and Homebrew' started by palmeiro, Aug 20, 2009.

1. palmeiro
    OP

palmeiro Newbie

Newcomer
    Aug 20, 2009
    United States
    Hey Everyone,

Im really new to the scene (just hacked by wii yesterday), and I just had a quick question. I installed a SNES9XGX WAD so I can launch SNES9XGX from my wii's home screen. The only drawback is that I load all of my ROMs over my network, and the SNES9XGX WAD doesn't seem to save any of the settings I change (most importantly network config). If I launch it from the homebrew channel, it saves just fine. Any ideas? Or is it just not possible to save config settings from a WAD? If its not, its not a big deal, I'll just use the HBC to launch apps, just curious.

Thanks!

~R

2. pepxl

pepxl GFX W!Z4RD

Jun 19, 2009
    get the forwarder from TroyTheZombies's thread and uninstall the currect channel your using..

the forwader will put a pretty channel on the wii menu but will search for the snes9xgx folder on the sd card and boot the app from there, basically a shortcut.

that should help the config save issue as its booting the boot.dol as if HBC would

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice