WAD questions

Discussion in 'Wii - Hacking' started by Emeraldman94, May 2, 2009.

May 2, 2009

WAD questions by Emeraldman94 at 8:54 PM (711 Views / 0 Likes) 9 replies

1. Emeraldman94
    OP

Member Emeraldman94 GBAtemp Regular

United States
    what are the prerequisites to install a WAD????

Can I install the wad, then copy it to the SD card and play it on the SD card menu???

What is a bannerbrick and am I at risk????? (I am justt worry installing a few VC games and Wii ware games) do not worry I own them one way or another

2. zidane_genome

Member zidane_genome My sword has a +2 bleeding... wanna test it out?

United States
    I am worried you are trying to use this site to learn how to pirate games, and we will not tolerate this here! Your post has been reported for suspected piracy, and your IP address has been forwarded to the FBI and Nintendo's lawyers for possible copyright infringement.

You could always look at one of the THOUSANDS of posts talking about it, use the search feature at the top of EVERY page, or even look at one of the stickied topics that discuss it.

3. raptir

Member raptir GBAtemp Regular

United States
    - A method of booting Homebrew (the homebrew channel) and the WAD manager.

- If you've installed system firmware 4.0 through Waninkoko's method and installed the hacked IOS60, yes, you can play WADs you've installed off of an SD card. As far as I know, only WADs of real WiiWare/VC games will work off the SD card, but I'm not sure. DO NOT try to copy the Homebrew Channel to the SD card, ever.

- A banner brick is when someone makes a WAD with a banner that doesn't fit the format that the banners are supposed to. If you're only installing real WADs, you shouldn't have any trouble. If you want to protect against it, install Preloader (you can find this at Wiibrew). That will let you recover from a banner brick by reinstalling your system menu.

4. Emeraldman94
    OP

United States
    so u dont need a cios to install a WAD.... And excuse me I do own the games, but my NES is fried. For Wii ware I downloaded them to my wii that was sent to Nintendo and came back with nothing there...
    Why should I never copy the hbc to the SD card????

5. zidane_genome

United States
    Dude... calm down, it was a joke...

if you sent your Wii back to Ninty, you can just go back into the Shop channel and redownload them for free...

as for installing, like I said, there are a thousand posts explaining how...

is your Wii a virgin 4.0? do you have the HBC installed?

6. Emeraldman94
    OP

United States
    well that solves the Wii ware games issue (This method really does work). But not the NES... My wii has the homebrew channel/ was updated through Nintendo. I just want to know if it is as easy as using WAD manager.. Or must I install a CIOS....

7. zidane_genome

United States
    You can try using 1.4beta3 of WadManager, but without a bugged IOS, not sure if you can or not

8. mikeyt1998

Member mikeyt1998 YouTube Glitcher

United Kingdom
    why not? my wii has HBC on both wii menu and system menu with no issues...

although, i think i copied it to the SD card way before sysmenu 4.0 was out, so that might be why lol

9. raptir

Member raptir GBAtemp Regular

United States
    As far as I know, you can't boot the HBC from the SD card. I haven't tried it myself, but I've just been told that. Doesn't seem worth taking the risk, though.

Also, I don't think you can install WADs if you've updated using the official update and do not have cIOS installed. I could be wrong, but I believe that is the case.

10. Emeraldman94
    OP

United States
    Well if you have to install a CIOS, which must u instal...