Wad manger v1.3 and channel file manager v2 beta

Discussion in 'Wii - Hacking' started by air2004, Nov 1, 2008.

Nov 1, 2008
  1. air2004
    OP

Member air2004 Air

United States
    I have tried wad manger v1.3 and channel file manager v2.0 beta2 . I used a geek squad 2 gig thumb stick and formatted it as fat. Wad manger couldnt see the files on the drive , when retieving it say ERROR (ret = -1)
    I then tried channel file manager... That could atleast see the files but when I would install a file it would start to install then it would come back to me with a ERROR (ret = -1) . So i decided to copy the wad to the sd card , it installed with no problems. So I know the wad is good , but I also know the thumb drive is good. I tried reformatting the usb drive with fat , again same problems... I just now came up with the idea to reformat again except this time I formatted with fat32 ...To my surprise channel file manager was able to install the wads located on the usb drive [​IMG] sadly wad manger still gave the same error [​IMG]
    I also tested the speed of installation channel file manger seems to be faster over all....but installing from the usb seemed a little slow , for reasons i'm not sure. I installed the same file from both usb and sd the usb took atleast a minute if not more , the sd took only about 20 seconds.

I hope you find this helpful.

2. Vague Rant

Member Vague Rant Deceptively cute

Australia
    Are you aware that you're on the GBA - Hardware, Devices and Utilities board?

3. OSW

Former Staff OSW Wii King

Australia
    Thanks for sharing your experiences.

It's interesting if channel file manager has better USB compatability than WAD manager, But i wouldn't be surpirsed considering i haven't been able to read from USB devices since the last couple of WAD manager releases.

As for USB installation, that would be because USB read speeds are slower than SD card speeds. It's just a limitation we currently have but should be eventually surpassed if hackers or nintendo update the system.
    Although i believe it could be faster, as MPlayer has improved their USB reading code.

I haven't actually tested channel file manager out, but afaik it doesn't have any massive differences to WAD manager and is actually based on it. I'm going to try it out and check the differences now though [​IMG]

4. nicksasa

Member nicksasa GBAtemp Maniac

Belgium
    i use the wad manager 1.3 sdhc and i can install my wads from my 8gb usb stick

5. Cithalo

Newcomer Cithalo Member

Brazil
    Man, put the wads, on a \wad folder, on the root of anything, then WAD Manager will recon it...

6. nicksasa

Belgium
    nope the regular wad manager 1.3 doesnt recorginise my usb stick..... and the recompiled version does

7. air2004
    OP

Member air2004 Air

United States
    Sorry for posting this in the wrong area , I'm still kinda new to this site , I just thought this might be of some help to someone. As for creating a wad folder on the usb stick , I did that , trust me I tried everything first before posting this. The reason for this posting is because I formatted the usb drive with fat32 not fat , and thats why it works now. I thought I read some where that the usb stick had to be formatted as fat , but fat didn't work for me.

8. robiul

Member robiul GBAtemp Advanced Fan

United States
    Where can I obtain the compiled wad manager in dol format?

9. nicksasa

Belgium
    check the sdhc apps thread in aplications