Master Of Hardcore!
Banned
Trophies
Website
www.djdynamite.bravehost.com
XP
Country
Code:
Notice: At this time, WiiBrew recommends that you do not update your Wii through Nintendo, as it disables the Twilight Hack and installation of PatchMii and PatchMii installs of DVDx. HBC beta 9 can possibly be disabled/removed.

hope they don't!
i understand some people who updated can still install wads.

EmperorOfCanada

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
Out of curiosity. I understand a good % of what works and doesnt work.. but can someone answer this for me? Can the custom Wad manager that works with IOS16 be used to install any wad? I mean assuming not, what prevents from what worked in 3.3v2 from working in 3.4?

nicksasa

Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
i dunno that the twilight hack didnt work anymore
ninja.gif
finally nintendo strikes back but it will be hacked again
laugh.gif
this is reminding me to the psp scene maybe i should get my psp out again
laugh.gif

EmperorOfCanada

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
Slowking said:
This http://gbatemp.net/index.php?showtopic=112945 works in 3.4 exactly the same as it works in 3.3v2.

so then whats the big deal? Most people who upgraded are keeping their homebrew channel. and if that method still works.. then unless Im missing something..... cant people just downgrade as they have been?

DigitalSquirrel

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
EmperorOfCanada said:
Slowking said:
This http://gbatemp.net/index.php?showtopic=112945 works in 3.4 exactly the same as it works in 3.3v2.

so then whats the big deal? Most people who upgraded are keeping their homebrew channel. and if that method still works.. then unless Im missing something..... cant people just downgrade as they have been?

I upgraded to 3.4 out of preference (and frankly I did it too quick), but I'm getting itchy sitting in this IOS. I don't mess with wads or anything, I just use the HBC, so there shouldn't be any reason to stress it... should there? I just really want a disable for auto-updates. I don't like the idea of Nintendo mind-porking my Wii without my consent.

EmperorOfCanada

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
DigitalSquirrel said:
EmperorOfCanada said:
Slowking said:

I upgraded to 3.4 out of preference (and frankly I did it too quick), but I'm getting itchy sitting in this IOS. I don't mess with wads or anything, I just use the HBC, so there shouldn't be any reason to stress it... should there? I just really want a disable for auto-updates. I don't like the idea of Nintendo mind-porking my Wii without my consent.

Sure but Im not understanding what is preventing someone on 3.4 to downgrade to 3.2.. if the pir8 method still works.

Slowking

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
EmperorOfCanada said:
Slowking said:

Yeah, I did. (I upgraded after I knew I could go back. I anted to test something.) My Wii is back at 3.2 Starfall again.
Th only problem there is at the moment is if you don't have the homebrew channel, either because you are new or because you deleted it, because there is no twilight hack to isntall it again.

EmperorOfCanada

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
Slowking said:
EmperorOfCanada said:
Slowking said:

Yeah, I did. (I upgraded after I knew I could go back. I anted to test something.) My Wii is back at 3.2 Starfall again.
Th only problem there is at the moment is if you don't have the homebrew channel, either because you are new or because you deleted it, because there is no twilight hack to isntall it again.

lol thats it? Thats no emergency. And here I thought the sky was falling.

RadioShadow

Trophies
XP
Country
EmperorOfCanada said:
Slowking said:

The method does work. I even recorded the method doing it on my brothers Wii. Installed 3.4E, installed the fixes. Then downgraded to 3.2E

DigitalSquirrel

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Slowking said:
EmperorOfCanada said:
Slowking said:

Oh, that's good to hear. I still have my HBC, so I think I'll wait for some patches or something before I go ahead and downgrade. It's sort of unnecessary.

Slowking

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Well I didn't like not having a fallback should I screw something up, with the twilight hack and trucha discs gone. Otherwise 3.4 is pretty nice (for example the fast SD-speed) and once there is a new game exploit that I can use as fallback and/or a 3.4 version of starfall I shall go back there.

ether2802

we have the techno...!!
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
Ok if someone open the TP hack, play for a while on an empty slot (so the save looks like a real save) and then try to install Homebrew Channel in 3.4, will it work?? anyone willing to try??

Slowking

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
ether2802 said:
Ok if someone open the TP hack, play for a while on an empty slot (so the save looks like a real save) and then try to install Homebrew Channel in 3.4, will it work?? anyone willing to try??
What? You don't get the TP save-file on 3.4, period.

ether2802

we have the techno...!!
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
Mmmmm but still we need someone to confirm, and since none of us is willing to delete their HBC and update, we're with the doubt still...!!!
tongue.gif

Slowking

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
No we don't. Nintendo checks for the illegal length of Eponas name. No 9 quadrillian hours of playtime will change this.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye: it won't make it better or worse