Poliwrath

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Hey, if anybody could help I'd really appreciate it.
I have searched around but I can't find an answer to my question, so I thought I'd ask the helpful guys here.

Basically, I have the latest cIOS and the patched IOS60 that apparently allows downloaded Wiiware/VC wads to be played directly from the SD card (I've got the latest system menu)
So, when I install a wad, then copy the channel to the SD card, I can then play it from the SD card fine. However, when I then uninstall the wad in wad manager, I can no longer play it from the SD card,
I get an error along the lines of "this title cannot be launched on this console"..

The reason I uninstall the wad is because ideally I would like to have many wads on my SD card, and obviously not that many fit on the Wii system memory, so I have to delete some.
Am I doing something wrong? Am i just supposed to delete the channel from the Wii system memory in settings? I've heard previously that channels MUST be uninstalled with Wad manager, or severe problems can be caused.

Thanks for any help

retKHAAAN

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
when you move a channel from the system menu to the SD card, it should be removed from the wii system memory only leaving behind the ticket info so it can be booted from SD. It you uninstall the WAD you remove the ticket thus rendering the game you have on sd useless. Just transfer the game to SD and then delete the one that's on your system through your system menu, not through WAD Manager. Everything will work fine. If you ever need to completely erase a game/channel from your system and leave no trace you would use WAD Manager.

Poliwrath

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
So it's perfectly safe to leave lots of ticket info on the Wii? I mean, it's safe to install loads of channels with wad manager and move them to the SD card - without uninstalling in WAD manager?

retKHAAAN

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
sure. if you NEED to uninstall them, use WAD Manager, but keep in mind that they will not be playable from SD if the ticket and title info is not on your system. The only reasons to delete ticket info: you're selling your wii, you have to send it to Nintendo for some reason, the cops are knocking on your door.

Poliwrath

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Oh, right
biggrin.gif

Thanks a lot haha, I was being stupid I see
tongue.gif