wad manager question

Discussion in 'Wii - Hacking' started by bestperson, Jun 30, 2008.

Jun 30, 2008

wad manager question by bestperson at 3:04 AM (1,201 Views / 0 Likes) 8 replies

1. bestperson
    OP

Member bestperson Advanced Member

United States
    Hey Everybody,

I tried to read around the forum before asking this and I found a bunch of stuff that was similar, but not directly this question.

I installed about 3 wads using wad manager through the homebrew channel. then the next day I went to the delete a couple of the wads to make room for some different wads and for some reason I forgot that wad manager can uninstall the wads I used the data management menu to uninstall the wads. the wads are now gone from the wii menu, but are still on my sd card so wad manager can still see them. I know that data management does not fully delete the wad from the wii and that it leaves behind an invisible ticket. Would there be any damage in now using wad manager to uninstall the same wads? Will this still remove the ticket or will it just confuse wad manager since the wads are technically no longer installed?

Thank you all very much in advance and I apologize if this was already answered somewhere else.

2. JimmyBobAlex

Member JimmyBobAlex GBAtemp Regular

United States
    If you want to remove the ticket you'll have to reinstall the wad and then uninstall it properly with wad manager. Somebody correct me if I'm wrong but once you install it should overwrite whatever ticket was left behind and when you uninstall it will remove the only ticket that there is.

3. teq

Member teq GBAtemp Maniac

United States

Actually, you don't need to reinstall the WAD. The WAD Manager, like the Wii, only considers the tickets when deciding whether or not a title is installed.

If you use the WAD Manager to remove titles, after deleting the data using the Wii Channel Manager, then the WAD Manager only has to remove the ticket.

Likewise, if you ever happen to lose a WAD that you haven't yet uninstalled, the WAD Manager only considers the Title ID contained in the ticket when comparing it the WAD. So, you don't even need the original WAD if you know the Title ID.

4. samsam12

Banned samsam12 Test

United States
    i usually delete stuff from the data management screen. i can always delete the ticket later when it need to.

5. assassda

Member assassda GBAtemp Regular

United States
    if you know the Title ID you can make a WAD that matches that (with no real data) and uninstall this way

Waninkoko needs to make a program to browse and delete tickets/data on the Wii without WADs

6. teq

United States
    Or better yet, an entire file manager for the NAND.

7. bestperson
    OP

United States
    Thank you everybody for the help.

Is the title ID just the filename of the wad?

That would be a really good idea if there was an actual browser where you could just see all the tickets on your wii.

I'm sure this question has been answered before, but I also noticed that through data management I was able to copy one of the wads to the SD card. I did this accidentally. If you can't play the wads off of the SD card what is the point of this feature? Not that I would ever want to do this, but after copying the wad onto the SD card through data management is it then possible to re-install through data management?

8. teq

United States
    You copied a binary of the channel, not a WAD.

The point of this is to be able to store the data on an SD card and delete it from the Wii. This frees up memory, but allows you to load the data back onto the system without having to download it again.

Managing data through this method does not affect tickets, so keep in mind of that when you want to uninstall them.

9. bestperson
    OP

United States
    thank you once again for the help. I appreciate it.

how can I look up the title id's? Or I don't really need the title id's in my scenario, right? I can just use wad manager and uninstall them by the name of the wad since I still have them on my sd card, right?

I wasn't looking or anything, but I didn't see a menu option on the wad manager to put in the title id.

This is on a different note, but I was wondering if there is a way to move the channel placement around on the menu. For instance I now have 3 empty channel spots on the first page of the menu, but on the second page i have 3 channels. Is there a way to change this. It's not a big deal or anything. I was just curious.