Hacking WAD Manager freezes remotes BEFORE IOS249

Roads1

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
People seem to say that their remotes often stop working upon selecting IOS249. Well, I can't even get there! The remote lights start blinking and never stop, and the remote doesn't work, right from loading it. This happens to me very often with different programs, and nobody seems to have provided a solution for any.

What's wrong with it?

Roads1

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If it's a motion+ remote that's not working, I suggest you try YAWMM EN.

Tried it, and it actually works with my remote (it is Motion+), but when I select IOS249, it doesn't do anything. I don't mean it freezes, I mean it doesn't do anything. The lights blink (then stop, as if I were turning it on), then nothing happens.

Roads1

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
But... then what? This is a WAD Manager, not a program to load IOSes and not do anything. The tutorial for installing USBLoader GX (what I need it for) mentions selecting a WAD, something that this doesn't do.

The lights turn off and on, and further attempts to do anything make the lights blink like that. I didn't notice it the first time. What I don't get is why there's no indication that anything happened other than that, and why it gives me nothing to "Continue" to.

Roads1

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
That's what I did. :P I should've mentioned it. I know that some people can't even realize that their PC won't turn on because it's not plugged in...

Roads1

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Okay... I tried doing IOS250, and upon pressing A, it selects IOS249, and similarly does nothing else. Then I tried 222, but it had the same reaction. What other IOSes will work with USBLoader GX?

EDIT: Is IOS249 something that needs to be installed? I'm not sure if I have it or not.

JoostinOnline

Certified Crash Test Dummy
Trophies
Website
www.hacksden.com
XP
Country
United States
This is about a wad (probably a GX forwarder channel), not GX. It doesn't matter what IOS that GX uses.

I have no idea why it's not working. I'm looking at the source code now and it should continue. Post a SysCheck following the guide in my signature.

Roads1

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The original, and the extra "solution" to this problem I'm about to mention, give me "Unable to initialize FAT file system."

EDIT: On the off-chance that it would work, I tried installing 249 with the cIOS installer. It shut off my remote and didn't do anything. How long have Motion+ built-in remotes been out now? Two years, at least? How long does it take to make these things compatible?

JoostinOnline

Trophies
Website
www.hacksden.com
XP
Country
United States
Well not all motion+ remotes are incompatible. It's just a later set of them. About a year ago a fix was released. All you had to do is recompile the app with the latest libogc (assuming it was compatible with some of the other changes), but by then support for most apps had been dropped. The Wii scene is dying, and most devs have just quit.

So you don't have any regular remotes? How did you install the cIOS before?

Roads1

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I got the Wii on Christmas 2011. All my remotes are Motion+. I might not have even installed it before; all my homebrew is emulators so far.

And now... about the "FAT system" error? What causes it?

Roads1

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I said, I get an error that I can't seem to find a way around. Pushing A to view the report doesn't work, and no file is generated that I can find in the HDD.

And it's also USB 3.0. Is this bad?

JoostinOnline

Trophies
Website
www.hacksden.com
XP
Country
United States
I said, I get an error that I can't seem to find a way around. Pushing A to view the report doesn't work, and no file is generated that I can find in the HDD.

And it's also USB 3.0. Is this bad?
Wait, the FAT error you were talking about is in SysCheck?

Your HDD might not be compatible with some homebrew. This is why SD is always better.

Roads1

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well, the HDD is mostly for storing game backups for the USB loader. I have a 2.0 USB memory stick that hasn't failed; can that be used simultaneously for running the actual homebrew, with the HDD for storing the backups?

And yeah, that FAT error was in the SysCheck. Should've been clearer.

JoostinOnline

Trophies
Website
www.hacksden.com
XP
Country
United States
Well, the HDD is mostly for storing game backups for the USB loader. I have a 2.0 USB memory stick that hasn't failed; can that be used simultaneously for running the actual homebrew, with the HDD for storing the backups?

And yeah, that FAT error was in the SysCheck. Should've been clearer.
Why don't you use the SD card you used for your original softmod?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Bunjolio, Proxy sites, not very effective.
  • Bunjolio @ Bunjolio:
    if ur on a Chromebook and cant change jack about the laptop that's what I gotta use
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    One of the sites that weren't blocked on the school's network was some file uploading sites. I would upload some games, write down the URL and take it to school one day.
  • Bunjolio @ Bunjolio:
    lol
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    I did it when the teachers werent looking ofc. I even managed to take in a USB stick that wasn't allowed.
  • Bunjolio @ Bunjolio:
    my school has a chrome extension called light speed filter agent and it legit blocks YouTube pfps since the file cdn(I think aka yt3.ggpht.com) is classed as mature
  • Bunjolio @ Bunjolio:
    mhm
  • Bunjolio @ Bunjolio:
    they have other stuff like goguardian too
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Ours mainly relied on the router, I believe.
  • Bunjolio @ Bunjolio:
    our school network and chrome policies block stuff too
  • Bunjolio @ Bunjolio:
    alot of yt to mp3 sites are blocked by light speed for "Security"
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    It was easy to bypass some of the restrictions, as one of the admins left a registry key in the administrative shares drive, which allowed me to get around the blocking of some sites.
  • Bunjolio @ Bunjolio:
    tf does tta mean
  • Bunjolio @ Bunjolio:
    yeah this is chrome os
  • Bunjolio @ Bunjolio:
    cant do shit
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Bunjolio, Wdym 'TTA'?
  • Bunjolio @ Bunjolio:
    that* as in why yt to mp3 sites are blocked for security
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Bunjolio, Remember when YouTubetoMP3 was a thing back in the 2010s?
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Until YT updated some stuffs and broke the website.
  • Bunjolio @ Bunjolio:
    I was 2 in 2010
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Oh lol
  • Bunjolio @ Bunjolio:
    lol
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    This was in the Minecraft-era.
    Bunjolio @ Bunjolio: a