Hacking WAD Manager: Error - 2011

KushiRules

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
NOTE: My Wii broke and I don't want to buy my game again!

Okay, I have searched everywhere for this! Please no flaring.

I have 4.1U on my Wii.
Everytime I run WAD Manager I choose IOS36 and I get Ret. 2011.
I tried to install cIOS36 Rev. 8.
Maybe it was wrong? Just please tell me how to run it.

retKHAAAN

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
NNNNOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

don't do what choke said!!!! ***EDIT***Unless he says to listen to me. Then you can do what choke said.

Just get trucha bug restorer and follow the readme to trucha-bug your IOS 36.

There's no reason to risk a downgrade anymore. If you don't know what you're doing or have a LU64 Wii you will brick

ChokeD

The Contributor
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I've never had to use the trucha signer, does it work that well 0ld8oy ???

I didn't think you could run that unless you had cIOS16 already installed which is where I think his problem is, am I wrong ???

The problem I thought wasn't with 36 needing signed it was that his 16 isn't signed so it gives him an error trying to replace 36. I could be wrong but I don' think so.

he didn't say he had a lua and if he did what I was going to suggest it may have fixed future problems.

retKHAAAN

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
the whole point of TBR is to be as less invasive as possible. You never had to use TBR because you already had everything on your system. You use TBR to downgrade IOS15, use that to patch IOS36, then restore IOS15. Not quite as invasive or risky as downgrading your firmware which would definitely brick his Wii if he had an LU64 wii. Also, consider the fact that some IOS that are required to run 3.2/3.4 are turned into stubs when updating to 4.0 which could also lead to a brick when downgrading. Downgrading your firmware is completely unnecessary in all situations imaginable.

edit*
if someone neglects to come out and say they have an LU64 then they either have no idea or you can just assume they do. think before you risk bricking somebody

ChokeD

The Contributor
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
0ld8oy said:
Downgrading your firmware is completely unnecessary in all situations imaginable.I disagree, however in this situation your probably right.
QUOTE(0ld8oy @ Aug 7 2009, 12:12 AM) edit*
if someone neglects to come out and say they have an LU64 than they either have no idea or you can just assume they do. think before you risk bricking somebody
Point made, well noted on my end, but it would have been his negligence not mine, he said he searched everywhere, you would think he knows what he has.
laugh.gif

retKHAAAN

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
ChokeD said:
0ld8oy said:
Downgrading your firmware is completely unnecessary in all situations imaginable.
I disagree, however in this situation your probably right.

I don't want to get into a flame war here but could you name 1 legitimate situation that would demand a firmware downgrade?

ChokeD

The Contributor
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Installing cIOSCORP and wanting to do away with it.

EDIT: no ones flaming teach me 0ld8oy
laugh.gif
I 'm all up for learning better ways of doing things.

retKHAAAN

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
ChokeD said:

laugh.gif

a disc update will remove cIOSCorp unless the person who unleashed that evil on the earth masked the IOS revisions to read as uptodate which would make cIOSCorp the dirtiest, most tragically flawed piece of "software" on the wii (if it isn't already)

It may be crazy of me to wonder this but why are people using these dirty, risky software packages/mods when you can just use a usb loader that has no way of bricking your system? You don't need a $150 harddrive, just a thumbdrive or sdhc card. You only need a few gigs to load a couple of games onto. And besides, what would you rather invest in, a $100 dollar harddrive or another $250 Wii?

lol, sorry about all that Kushi. PM me if you are still having problems tomorrow.

ChokeD

The Contributor
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
0ld8oy said:
a disc update will remove cIOSCorp unless the person who unleashed that evil on the earth masked the IOS revisions to read as uptodateDon't be mad and don't kill the messenger
laugh.gif

0ld8oy said:
It may be crazy of me to wonder this but why are people using these dirty, risky software packages/mods when you can just use a usb loader that has no way of bricking your system? You don't need a $150 harddrive, just a thumbdrive or sdhc card. You only need a few gigs to load a couple of games onto. And besides, what would you rather invest in, a $100 dollar harddrive or another $250 Wii?Uuhhh, It's free and everyone is broke. You can buy 50 discs for the price of a thumbdrive, I don't know man, I'm with you. I load from the usb/HD. I'm not using the cioscorp, I did however test it though. I just helped someone get it out there cause that's what I do. I host files for people that need bandwidth. Forgive me.
QUOTE(0ld8oy @ Aug 7 2009, 12:55 AM)
lol, sorry about all that Kushi. PM me if you are still having problems tomorrow.
Listen to 0ld8oy, he does have a better idea of what may be your easiest remedy.

much respect to ya 0ld8oy,
ChokeD

KushiRules

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
0ld8oy said:
ChokeD said:

laugh.gif

a disc update will remove cIOSCorp unless the person who unleashed that evil on the earth masked the IOS revisions to read as uptodate which would make cIOSCorp the dirtiest, most tragically flawed piece of "software" on the wii (if it isn't already)

It may be crazy of me to wonder this but why are people using these dirty, risky software packages/mods when you can just use a usb loader that has no way of bricking your system? You don't need a $150 harddrive, just a thumbdrive or sdhc card. You only need a few gigs to load a couple of games onto. And besides, what would you rather invest in, a $100 dollar harddrive or another $250 Wii?

Okay, 0ldB0y, so clearly what I do
is
1: download trucha bug restorer
2: what do I press when it starts?, which IOS or should I just press B?,
3: IOS36 Menu?
4: Downgrade IOS15, Do the mod IOS36, and restore IOS15? Will any of this affect my wii version?
5: Please make it clear in one post.

retKHAAAN

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Here's what you do:

- run Trucha Bug Restorer
- select IOS 36 to load
- downgrade IOS 15 via NUS, press A when prompted
- load TBR again
- this time select IOS 15 to load
- go to IOS 36 menu, make sure the top three yes/no questions are answered yes, the fourth can be answered no
- click on patch IOS 36
- load TBR again
- this time select IOS 36 to load
- restore IOS 15
- finally, you can install your cIOS

This will not affect your firmware version, only the necessary IOS. Safest way to go.

tj_cool

Site dev
Supervisor
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
ChokeD said:
listen to 0ld8oy
0ld8oy said:
NNNNOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

don't do what choke said!!!!
laugh.gif
@ edit

QUOTE(0ld8oy @ Aug 7 2009, 06:32 PM)
Here's what you do:

- run Trucha Bug Restorer
- select IOS 36 to load
- downgrade IOS 15 via NUS, press A when prompted
- load TBR again
- this time select IOS 15 to load
- go to IOS 36 menu, make sure the top three yes/no questions are answered yes, the fourth can be answered no
- click on patch IOS 36
- load TBR again
- this time select IOS 36 to load
- restore IOS 15
- finally, you can install your cIOS

This will not affect your firmware version, only the necessary IOS. Safest way to go.
To install the cIOS, choose IOS36
also, if no wifi, you need to download the correct IOS yourself

KushiRules

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I don't know why this didn't work but I used a MUCH better method that helped me get my Super Mario 64 game back! Thannks

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: https://youtu.be/ab8GtuPdrUQ +1