Wad Manager and .wad loading problem

Discussion in 'Wii - Hacking' started by psychorvs, Jun 30, 2009.

Jun 30, 2009
  1. psychorvs

Newcomer psychorvs Newbie

Jun 30, 2009
    Alright, so far I've softmodded Wii's for friends/family.

My cousin, (whoms Wii I also modded) thought he could be like me, downloaded a whole bunch of shit and tried to install HBC and some other wads.
    Now, she came to me saying that it just freezes up when she wants to install wad files or loading anything related. I confirmed that. Most likely is it that she's installed a bunch of cIOS and such.

Ok so I decided to wipe it clean, restore factory settings as it was a new Wii and then use the method I've always used. Still the same errors.
    When trying to load Wad Manager from the HBC > black screen
    When trying to start up Backup Loader > black screen

Firmware is 3.4E just like all the other Wii's I've encountered. I've tried multiple SD cards (to rule rotten SD card out) but no go. Does anyone know where I go from here?
  2. ether2802

Former Staff ether2802 we have the techno...!!

Oct 14, 2007
    Pto. Vallarta
    I believe newer Wiis have some sort of protection to call cIOSes, so you need to install BootMii and use the cBoot2 with Wad Manager 1.4 to solve your issues, and if HBC gives black screen then she updated the HBC and it asks for IOS60-61 so you need to install them, if you already have a cIOS installed just update to 4.0 thru Wii's Settings...!! [​IMG]