OP
Trophies
Website
www.ouahouah.eu
XP
Country
France
Hello

I patched cIOS 249/250 with D2X last version (base56) but I can succeed in installing WAD for VC and Wiiware :(
It gives me a -1029 error on selecting/installaing a WAD.

Any idea of what is wrong ?
I use WAD Manager with GUI (from nixx I suppose).

Thanks in advance :)

obcd

Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
You need a cios with base 38 if I remember well. That should solve the -1029 error.
Indeed, 236 does the trick as well.
Some harddisks don't like ios 236 as it only has usb 1.1.
So, installing from harddisk will be slower with that ios. (Or it simply won't find your harrdisk.)

obcd

Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
The ios number isn't important. It's the base ios used to create the cios that counts.
You can install pretty much anything in an ios slot.
So, if 249 works for you, it doesn't mean it works for everybody.

Reactions: 1 person

Ape8000

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The ios number isn't important. It's the base ios used to create the cios that counts.
You can install pretty much anything in an ios slot.
So, if 249 works for you, it doesn't mean it works for everybody.
249 is pretty standard at [56], which does not seem to work when installing wads.
Just like 236 is pretty standard at [36], which does work.
Of course people are free to muck with the IOS titles, which means you need to know the base, but to fix the OP question, he should try 236 base 36.

obcd

Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
I just explained why it isn't working with 249 or 250. 249 with base [56] wasn't always the standard.
Why would the wad manager default to a non working ios? Maybe because it used to work with that ios?
I installed a d2x rev. 7 base 38 in slot 240, and everything works great with it. My harddisk is running at usb 2.0 speeds.

I am even unsure modmii still installs ios236 as part of a softmod. Which is why I tried to explain the reason cios 249 or 250 don't work.

pBullet

SHSL Idol
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Not really enough information so I'll just ask some questions:

1.) Did you make the wad yourself or did you download it? Some wads are fake, some aren't meant for your region (even if regionfree), and some are injected. Make sure you're using a legitimate wad for your region.

2.) I don't think any cIOS is needed for the installation of wads because IOS58 does it fine. Have you tried using Multi Mod Manager instead of Wad Manager?

obcd

Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
Wad manager GUI isn't working yet on IOS 58. In Multi Mod Manager, I normally reload to ios 236.
I think Yawmm can use ios58 with ahbprot to install a wad.

But I am confused.
In the first post he says he is having error -1029, and in his last he is saying it's -1020
He also didn't say what suggestions he tried to fix the issue, and what made it switch from error -1029 to -1020?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Maximumbeans @ Maximumbeans: butte