hobbykitjr

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yeah i can't even get any output.
Im trying to run 1.6 in Homebrew channel and it either is a black screen freeze on LOAD or "Exception (Program) occurred!" with some memory addresses and a stack dump

The only reason im starting a thread is cause i'v read a dozen and no one else mentions freezing on load, i can't even see any menu options.

I've got the WAD in the wad folder on root, wad manager in apps folder, all the other apps still work.

I haven't turned on my wii in 6 months since i beat the new super mario bros. I'm able to play that and wii sports resort off my external HDD
Im running 4.1U, i can't remember what CIOS i have installed but its not that old (whats the easiest way to find out?)
SoftMod, anything else you need to know?

Thanks in advance for any help. Im thinking i just need to update something but im clueless right now. THANKS!

hobbykitjr

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The only help i was given was to reinstall 249

I followed this guide: http://gwht.wikidot.com/ios249
Following the 4.1 install section it error'd on the middle part, step 9.9 ( install a patched IOS36 as IOS 249)
so i skipped it and restored ios15 and continued to install cIOSX_rev19 using 249 selecting 'IOS57 v5661'

Still crashed when running WAD Manager

HELLLLPPPPPP!

hobbykitjr

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
ok i tried running the wad manager dol from bannerbomb too, same error.

Im trying to install diner dash wad as a channel.

hobbykitjr

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
ok 6 straight hours. no luck.

The only help i find is 18 months old saying i have to use twilight hack but i know that can't be right?

Again, the WAD manager wont even LOAD, just error or black screen freeze. This happens for Wad Manager, Wad installer, etc. I tried a couple diff programs and a couple diff versions of each program (including the latest release of course)
I have a wii from launch, no LU64+ or anything, NTSC, no problem running any other hacks.

goodnight and i'll be back tomorrow to try any wonderful ideas you smart people might have
smile.gif

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: good night