Hacking WAD Installer v2.1

Blue Lynel

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I swear I have probably tried a million different things as well as researched just as much in the past 48-72 hours to try to get some WADs installed on my Wii, but nothing is working and they all come up with same error message, (ret = -2011). Here's what I've tried so far:

WAD Manager v1.3 and v1.4 - same error
WAD Installer v2.1 - same error
booting with WAD Installer .elf from SD slot - same error
booting Manager v1.3 and v1.4 through HBC - same error
booting Installer through HBC - same error

I bought my Wii this past Sunday, the 5th, and have not been able to hook up to the net yet. Therefore, I have no updates. My Wii is Ver. 3.4U. I installed HBC, DVDx, and BootMii as an IOS through the HackMii installer. HBC works great for me, as do other apps run through HBC such as Gecko OS v1.9.1. All I am having troubles with, and massive amounts thereof, is installing a single damn WAD on my Wii. I've tried a few different WADs to make sure it wasn't just one WAD, but they all returned with the same error, one after the other. While using the apps to install the WADs, the folder directory shows, and I have checked to make sure it was properly labeled as "wad" and not "wads", and it does show the WADs that are in the directory, but they still do not install and will give me all the same error. I even formatted my SD card to make sure my SD card was proper.

After just now thinking of my "SD card", and then checking it to see if it was SDHC, I realized the fact that maybe using a microSD 2G in a SD adapter card might be causing me these problems, though I really wouldn't know if that would make the difference, but I wouldn't be surprised if it did anyways. Also, it does not say if my microSD is HC and I don't remember if it is. Being HC probably does not matter though.

So please, help me! If it is using a stupid microSD in an SD card adapter, that answer in simple form will do just fine. Thanks.
smile.gif

Blue Lynel

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I did some more intensive searching with the advanced search after reading the stickies and I uncovered that recovering the missing Trucha bug may help me. If that does not help I will try that as well.

Lexip;

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If its a new wii it might be a "unhackable" one, such as the LU64's and downgrading can cause bricks apparently. I'd take Sherlock's advice and use cBoot2.

Blue Lynel

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Before seeing the post before this one, I used the Trucha bug "fix" and downgraded my IOS15, installed a patched IOS36 and then reinstated the original IOS15. My efforts are thus far successful as I have used the WAD Manager v1.4 and installed three different WADs successfully. All hail the hacking community!
bow.gif
tongue.gif

I am a very happy person now as I have showed my Wii who is boss. Next step is to attempt success with the WiiGator Backup Loader.
happy.gif

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye: quite a tight bend on that 8pin->12pin adapter in my case, which is the worst case scenario, but...