DA KINE WiiHacker
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I am trying to install Netflix on my new wii. I extracted the wad from my other wii with showmiinand, and wii mod. Both result in-
1020:
Wad Install Error: ConsoleID mismatch

Is this something I can fix? Or no.

techboy

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Maybe it's the app you used to extract it? Or the app isn't re-signing correctly?

I've extracted this channel in the past. I used wanin's old wad packer and it worked fine (after a re-sign with wwPacker) on other wiis.

mauifrog

DA KINE WiiHacker
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Ok, I have some homework to do. I extracted, signed, repacked the wad with wwpacker. Still give me error 1020.

I will try again with bluedump and wani's wad dumper.

tueidj

I R Expert
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
damysteryman said:
http://www.wiibrew.org/wiki/Ticket
From 0x1D8 to 0x1DB in the wad's ticket is the 4-byte Console ID associated with the wad.

Either null it out, or change it to the Console ID of your new Wii, repack the wad, and it should then install fine.
Changing it to the Console ID of another wii won't work, because if a Console ID is set the title key is permuted when the ticket is installed. There are no current tools that can modify a ticket properly in order to reassign it to another wii (although it is possible), only tools to turn tickets into warez (install on ANY wii).

damysteryman

I am too busy IRL these days...
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
Ah ok. My mistake. Thought reassigning the ID might work, but never actually tried myself that to make sure. Only knew about the nulling it out part
laugh.gif

That makes sense.

But I suppose there is not much point in trying to reassign a new Console ID to a wad, seeing as people would just null it out for flexibility of use on any wii?
(at least not around here anyway
laugh.gif
)

tueidj

I R Expert
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Yes, it was a bit of fail on ninty's part to have the title key encrypted with console specific information except for the case where the Console ID in the ticket is 0.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: I've always been kind to @AncientBoi