WAD Information

Discussion in 'Wii - Hacking' started by CyberAxe, Aug 6, 2008.

Aug 6, 2008

WAD Information by CyberAxe at 4:31 PM (737 Views / 0 Likes) 3 replies

1. CyberAxe
    OP

Newcomer CyberAxe Member

United Kingdom
    Hi, i'm considering working on my own wad tool of which will eventually be able to construct wads from scratch so no more injecting needed (though initially it will be an injector) as well as be able to handle banners and titles all that stuff aswell in one tool

however before i start i am wanting to read up on what's already known about the WAD formats for each VC and WW and i know theres been people who have found quite a bit out about the internal workings however i am unable to find a good source on what is known i've checked the GBATemp wiki to no avail, so if anyone could point me in the right direction i'd be greatful.

2. Yoshi Party

Newcomer Yoshi Party Member

Germany
    wiibrew.org [​IMG]

3. CyberAxe
    OP

Newcomer CyberAxe Member

United Kingdom
    Thanks for that, hough wiibrew.org doesnt seem to have that much info on it about the vc format just the content.bin and tmd, seems to lack info on what app files are including in each system type and what each file contains and such which is mainly what i'm looking for

4. trent_fox

Member trent_fox GBAtemp Regular

United States
    Look at the TMD file structure listed on wiibrew. Compare the TITLE.TMD file to that structure and you'll find that all the Content blocks represent the APP files in a particular wad file.