OP
Trophies
Website
rinnegatamante.it
XP
Country
Italy
CURRENT STATUS:
If someone wants to port his favorite songs to TriaAl, here you are TriaAl Debugger.
It is very essential (and have some minor bugs) but works fine.

Usage:
Open TriaAl Debugger, load your song, use "1","2","3","4" on the Debug Box when a note should be triggered in the game.
At the end of the song, press "Export notes list as notes.txt" and you'll receive a file with all your notes.

In the TriaAl Debugger package you'll find also a working version of TriaAl (Alpha) to test your converted songs. [Only 3DSX build but final release will be also shipped in CIA and 3DS formats]
This Alpha is shipped with only one song: Light up my Love to understand how a TriaAl song work.

When you created your notes.txt file through TriaAl Debugger, create a directory in songs directory in TriaAl homebrew folder and name this directory as your song and copy all the files from Light up my Love to this directory.

Files description:
logo.jpg - Song logo, showed on song selection screen.
record.db, record2.db, record3.db - Current records for Easy, Normal and Hard mode.
prev.ogg - Preview of the song in OGG Vorbis format played at song selection screen.
track.ogg - Full song in OGG Vorbis format.
info.lua - Info about the song (Name, Author, Level difficulties and notes triggering pattern)

notes.txt file you generated contains the array notes you have to replace in info.lua for easy or normal mode (Hard mode is currently disabled for now) to change notes triggering.
Notes that TriaAl debugger for now can create only normal notes (black). If you want to use hold notes (yellow) you just have to edit the second argument for the desired notes in notes.txt from true to false.
For the prev.ogg creation, i suggest to use Audacity ( http://sourceforge.net/projects/audacity/ ) .

If you want to help TriaAl developing, you can try to convert some non-copyrighted songs to TriaAl and release them here (or sending me a PM).
If the song is converted fine, it will be added to official songs and you'll be credited at the homebrew release.

Download: http://rinnegatamante.it/triaal.php

Hello again,
few hours ago i asked for a splashscreen for a new game homebrew i'm developing (http://gbatemp.net/threads/need-a-splashscreen-for-a-future-homebrew.381492/) so why not introducing it officially?

As the title says, i'm working on a DeeMo clone for 3DS.
If you don't know DeeMo, it's a killer app for Smartphone developed by Rayark Games (https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.rayark.pluto&hl=it).
It's a music game similar to Rock Band Unplugged / Guitar Hero but with a personal look and style and with only Piano songs (It provides also a storyline about an immaginary pianist called Deemo).

This clone will be called TriaAl and i'm focusing on trying to remake all DeeMo functionality (some features will be impossible to port on 3DS cause multitouch lack).

I made also two video showing TriaAl but take this videos as a PrePrePrePrePreAlpha:

Actually TriaAl features:
- Multi-difficulty system
- Local record system
- Point system similar to DeeMo ones
- Preview for musics
- Different speed mode support
- Support to Custom WAV musics
- Built-in Debug Mode for generating notes table easily for custom musics (i use it also for "official" musics <.< )

I want to add a lot of features, for now these are my planned goals:
- Better notes triggering system
- Adding Hold notes support (Yellow ones on DeeMo) (Achieved: 14/02/15)
- Adding a download server for downloading songs directly from TriaAl
- Improving Graphic with a fake-3D effect like original DeeMo
- Different speeds mode support (Achieved: 14/02/15)
- Adding an online record system
- Adding different gameplay types (Maybe a Cytus [ https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.rayark.Cytus.full&hl=it ] ones? (Yes, i love Rayark Games works :P))
I want to know your opinions about TriaAl, suggest me what you want to see inside it.

Oh, and yes, it's made with lpp-3ds as always :P

EDIT:
If you're curious about Debug Mode so: this is current config file for Dream that you can see in the video:
Code:
-------------------------------------------------------------
--------------------- TriaAl Song File ----------------------
-- Notes arguments: -----------------------------------------
-- 1: Time to be tapped (in milliseconds) -------------------
-- 2: Normal note (false = Hold note) -----------------------
-- 3: Space apparition --------------------------------------

song_title = "Dream" -- Song Name
song_composer = "Rabpit" -- Song Composer

if mode == "Easy" then --Easy mode config
    notes = {{2373, true, 1},
            {6785, true, 4},
            {7253, true, 1},
            {11565, true, 1},
            {12000, true, 4},
            {15509, true, 4},
            {16746, true, 1},
            {19119, true, 3},
            {20289, true, 4},
            {21559, true, 3},
            {26005, true, 4},
            {26373, true, 1},
            {30751, true, 4},
            {33091, true, 1},
            {33526, true, 3},
            {34796, true, 3},
            {35966, true, 4},
            {38373, true, 1},
            {39509, true, 3},
            {40746, true, 4},
            {41214, true, 4},
            {45593, true, 1},
            {50406, true, 2},
            {55119, true, 1},
            {58729, true, 1},
            {59197, true, 2},
            {59564, true, 3},
            {59966, true, 4},
            {63542, true, 4},
            {64345, true, 3},
            {64812, true, 2},
            {67152, true, 3},
            {69559, true, 3},
            {70762, true, 4},
            {71999, true, 4},
            {73102, true, 3},
            {74339, true, 2},
            {76745, true, 1},
            {78818, true, 4},
            {79152, true, 1},
            {81592, true, 2},
            {83531, true, 3},
            {83932, true, 1},
            {85904, true, 1},
            {86305, true, 3},
            {87976, true, 4},
            {88311, true, 1},
            {88712, true, 4},
            {92723, true, 4},
            {93091, true, 3},
            {93492, true, 2},
            {95531, true, 3},
            {95865, true, 2},
            {97971, true, 4},
            {98339, true, 3},
            {100311, true, 2},
            {100678, true, 3},
            {103520, true, 1},
            {103921, true, 2},
            {104322, true, 3},
            {105224, true, 1},
            {106662, true, 4},
            {107865, true, 3},
            {109068, true, 2},
            {109937, true, 3},
            {110305, true, 2},
            {110706, true, 3},
            {111074, true, 4},
            {111475, true, 2},
            {111876, true, 2},
            {112344, true, 2},
            {112745, true, 3}
            }
end

As you can see, it provides some basic info about the song and the notes table.
With TriaAl built-in debug mode you can launch a music without game starting and then generating a file with a list of milliseconds whenever you press Y (so if you press Y after 4325 milliseconds song starts, it will be registered in a txt file) so after this, you have just to select for each note the showing column and the hold note setting.

Last edited by Rinnegatamante,

Rinnegatamante

OP
Trophies
Website
rinnegatamante.it
XP
Country
Italy

Rinnegatamante

OP
Trophies
Website
rinnegatamante.it
XP
Country
Italy
Added Normal mode for Dream (different Deemo notes pattern) and also added Easy mode for Wings of Piano with same Deemo pattern, currently i'm working on Normal/Hard mode for Wings of Piano ( )

I bump my question:
What do you think about an activable alternative game input which uses normal controls? (like L,R,Dpad,ABXY to scan the 4 possible note columns)
I thought about this if, in the future, it will be possible to use alternative controls with 3DS (like a BeatMania controller [http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/f/f6/BmIIDX_Controller.jpg]).

Rinnegatamante

OP
Trophies
Website
rinnegatamante.it
XP
Country
Italy
Here's a new video showing different speed support, hold notes, Dream in Normal mode, Wings of Piano in Easy mode and a lot of new details i added (Like Ready... on song startup/resuming game[yes, pausing game is completely supported])

Reactions: DSoryu

Rinnegatamante

OP
Trophies
Website
rinnegatamante.it
XP
Country
Italy
Cause University i don't have enough time to continue this project for now so i decided to publish on GitHub current Work in Progress srcs. (Current srcs are the ones i used for the last youtube video).
It should work with latest releases of lpp-3ds (scripts/index.lua is the main script, probably it should be arranged a bit for directory changes but nothing very difficult to do).
It can also be useful to disable DEBUG NOTES GENERATOR and all DEBUGS FEATURE in game.lua file if you want only play TriaAl.

Hope someone could like it.

GitHub repository: https://github.com/Rinnegatamante/TriaAl

Rinnegatamante

OP
Trophies
Website
rinnegatamante.it
XP
Country
Italy
Today i'll start re-working on an official release of TriaAl.
According to copyright legal issues i'll probably add only songs from trial version of DeeMo and some instrumental/not piano songs from NCS collection (NoCopyrightSounds).
If someone wants to help creating notes pattern for some new songs, contact me in PM.

Currently i'm working for finishing Normal mode of Wings of Piano and i'm working on Lights by Jim Yosef from NCS collection.

Rinnegatamante

OP
Trophies
Website
rinnegatamante.it
XP
Country
Italy
Looking for a good icon (48x48) for this homebrew cause the graphic i contacted here on this forum just disappeared :/

Anyone who is good with GIMP/Photoshop who wants to try? (Obviously you'll be credited)

Rinnegatamante

OP
Trophies
Website
rinnegatamante.it
XP
Country
Italy
Finished porting Lights on TriaAl (both Easy and Normal mode).
I also decided to port some songs from Cytus (Free Version obviously) to TriaAl.
First of them will be Light up my Love.

Probably when i reach at least 6 songs, i'll release the first BETA version.

P.S. Bump for the request, anyone who wants to make an icon for this homebrew?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Bigonya uses his wiener to mod 360s
    +1
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Going to the water park, see ya
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    You should update the 360 to newest dash before RGHing it yes. But not a big deal if you don't, you can install new dash/avatar updates after. It's just easier to do it auto online before, instead manual offline after.
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Have fun @Xdqwerty. If you see a chocolate candy bar floating in the water, don't eat it!
  • AncientBoi @ AncientBoi:
    :O:ohnoes: Y didn't U Tell ME that ALSO? @BigOnYa :ohnoes: 🤢🤮
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Does it taste like... chicken?
    +1
  • S @ salazarcosplay:
    @BigOnYa I wanted to ask you about your experience with seeing south park. Most of the people a bit younger like my younger brother and cousins that are a few younger than me that saw kids found south park funny because of the curse words, kids at school, that seemed like liking the show on a very basic level.

I could not quite have a in depth discussion of the show.

How was it for you? As an adult. What did you find the most interesting part about it. Did you relate to the parents of the kids and their situations. Was it satires, the commentary on society. The references on celebrities' and pop culture.
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I remember seeing the very first episode back in the day, and have watched every episode since. I used to set my VCR to record them even, shows how long ago.
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I just like any comedies really, and cartoons have always been a favorite of mine. Family guy, American Dad, Futurama, Cleveland Show, Simpsons - I like them all.
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    South Park is great cause they always touch on relavent issues going on today, and make something funny out of it.
    +3
  • S @ salazarcosplay:
    @BigOnYa were you always up to date on the current events and issues of the time or were there issues that you first found out thru south park
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Most of the time yea I knew, I watch and read the news regularly, but sometimes the Hollywood BS stuff, like concerning actors slip by me. I don't follow most Hollywood BS (example: the Kardasians)
    +2
  • S @ salazarcosplay:
    @BigOnYa there were relevant issues before south park was made, that's why i think a south park prequel/spinoff would be great. Randy and his friends in their child hood
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Yea, like them running in high school together, getting into stuff, and how they got hitched and had kids. And how the town of South Park was back then compared to now. That would be cool to see.
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    yeah
  • The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye:
    @salazarcosplay if they made a prequel, it would still be about current issues, cause it doesn't make sense to make it about stuff that happened 30 years ago that nobody cares about anymore
    it's too late
    the older south park episodes about particular issues usually age poorly since the topic is no longer relevant
    an exception is giant douche vs turd sandwich, that's always relevant :P
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I was gone for like an hour and none of you thought to write or call pos
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    We knew you were going to Sonic to get lunch.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Sonics fast I would've been home in 10 mins
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Meet and greet with AncientBoi then?
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    That would've gone slow he's old
    +1
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: That would've gone slow he's old +1