Translation [W.I.P] McDonald's eCDP - Fan Translation (Alpha Patch 0.5 - Easy menu!)

TheHomebrewerGuy

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Found the cause! ! It's the second option not the first i was using!! WORKS now!
View attachment 235909

@TheHomebrewerGuy There's a github i found about a translation project is it you? search for "user670 eCDP-translation" (i can't post links). If it's not you maybe join forces? If you want to.
No, I never opened a github. Maybe in the future, if I'm willing to.

Reactions: Dumbfreak

Dumbfreak

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
This project looks very nice! Can I help with this project? I'm a Japanese person and I translated the game by myself, but I'm currently stuck at complex strings because don't have so much knowledge about DS Romhacking, so I think it would be cool If I could help translate this game with your help!
This is so rare, a native japanese speaker asking to translate a game for us.
Most projects would kill for such help.
If you have interest in translating other games look around a bit i'm sure plenty of projects need a translator.

Reactions: wad11656

JamesBogey

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Hello, first of all, I want to thank you for the amazing work you've done! Second thing, could I help you in the final-ish state of the translation, to help it to perfection, like capital letters, punctuation and [space] usage... Some things I always notice from the start haha. I just don't really know (yet) how to edit the script, as I couldn't find it (also yet) in the ROM file...
Anyways, great job, keep up the good work, and I would love to hear from you soon!

oscie57

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
oscie.net
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I have some updates, however the new patch is not ready yet. I'm translating some quizzes, and I've encountered my first bug while translating. It won't take that long, but slowly but surely, I will get this translated properly.
if you ever need someone to test it (and the patch is in the form i can load it onto the rom) then let me know, im always happy to test (and i would do it on real hardware)

meowmeoe111

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I think it would be suoer nice if you joined that Github. I've been tearing apart the rom I have with your patch, trying to find what has and hasn't been done yet. You've done quite a bit already, and I haven't found many noticable errors.

WorldsBoss

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
If you’re going to all the trouble of translating it, I’m sure someone with some hacking knowledge can probably help you remove the password feature at the start as well?

noface

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
@WorldsBoss he probably won't because removing the account system would mean redo the whole game because the game is based on this system So too much work for nothing

Last edited by noface,

meowmeoe111

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If you’re going to all the trouble of translating it, I’m sure someone with some hacking knowledge can probably help you remove the password feature at the start as well?
Definitely a project for somebody else. Translations and removing functions are two very different things.

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
wow.Even if i'm italian and not english i now know somethink, i am quite good at english but i actually don't know the 95% of the food name. I read some of the comments,and I really hope that japanese guy will send some translation someday. keep up the good work, and thanks for uploading this

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: they be like which lite firefox exe pls