Homebrew [W.I.P] 3HAXS (name not settled yet) - The Archive Of Anything 3ds Hacking Related!

Luglige

hiatus
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
Tbh it's probably much easier if you just used google drive. Yes it's a third parting file hosting(/sharing) platform, but it's google, and as such they will warn you ahead of time if they will end the service (which in gdrive's case seems unlikely to happen any time soon (10 years)). Honestly having a drive locally has a higher chance of corruption or being stolen. Best would ofc. be to have a local archieve and a gdrive one (or mega one (or a three)).

Ps. You can share all of my homebrews in the archive. (ofc credits XD and a link to the github pages of the projects would be nice but not needed)
Ok I would like to say that this release will come in 1 week or a month. I dont know when i can get a local server setup. But i've made the price range to 244 - 600 dollars

Luglige

hiatus
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
If you're not going to give constructive criticism, why bother posting anything? At least he's doing something to try and contribute to the scene, whether it's a good idea or not, whatever his motives are. That's not to say you're not doing something, mind you (whoever you are), so don't read into that. People start somewhere. Maybe he lacks coding skills or whatever, but really, there shouldn't be need for an explanation.

More on topic here, if for some reason someone needed a file and a link was down somewhere (or worst case scenario, the temp gets blown to smithereens by (opposing?) hackers or literal nukes) I can see this being handy. Best advice I can give is to take things in small, small sections so as to not get overwhelmed since this is a large task. It's good that you've got other people working alongside as well since it'll make things much faster and easier.
Thx! I'm Dragging as many people into this as i can (XD) So if anyone wants to help, i'll be sure to let you. And i am quite literately dragging people into this.

Games&Stuff

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hello ive gotten all of Rinnegatemantes archive cloned. All of Rinnegatemantes 3ds based things are completed.
:0 Why do you think he has his own site to hosts his downloads on? Because he earns money with it, and deserves the money, because he develops it. Please ask for permission before dropping it on your site.

Luglige

hiatus
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
:0 Why do you think he has his own site to hosts his downloads on? Because he earns money with it, and deserves the money, because he develops it. Please ask for permisson before dropping it on your site.
First off dont have a site. Second off i'm not sharing them.

EDIT: Third off if i do make a site revenue goes to developers and GBAtemp

Luglige

hiatus
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
The true question:

why?
Why??? DSi Homebrew, is well pretty much dead. Lots of links don't work, and its sad. A building built up on a sturdy foundation lives generations. One that is settled on sand lasts nothing but a flies life. If we don't archive our work in one place it will be harder when the 3ds is discontinued, and many things will shutdown. We cant really do this with OUR homebrew. We spent hundreds of hundreds of Hours of time, and that could go to waste if we dont properly save it.

Deleted member 370283

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Most links for DSi Homebrew are dead because the DSi Homebrew scene is pretty much dead.
Besides for novelty, do you really think that the 3DS scene will be alive and kicking as much as it is today?

Keep in mind that today, there's going to be hundreds or even thousands of copies of a certain program providing it's been released online.
If someone needs it, and they have some determination, they can find it. Trust me.
Plus, download sites today are A LOT better about keeping files around than previous sites, which would delete them after a certain amount of time to save space.

Last edited by Deleted member 370283, , Reason: i can grammarz

Luglige

hiatus
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
Most links for DSi Homebrew are dead because the DSi Homebrew scene is pretty much dead.
Besides for novelty, do you really think that the 3DS scene will be alive and kicking as much as it is today?

Plus, keep in mind that today, there's going to be hundreds or even thousands of copies of a certain program providing it's been released online.
If someone needs it, and they have some determination, they can find it. Trust me.
Plus, download sites today are A LOT better about keeping files around than previous sites, which would delete them after a certain amount of time.
I still believe its aways good to make an archive. and that last comment
"Plus, download sites today are A LOT better about keeping files around than previous sites, which would delete them after a certain amount of time."
Is not true. It is very important that we archive our work. Even if it is a "Joke". But I like the thought of knowing the hours i spend helping and reading will go to good use.

jurassicplayer

Completionist Themer
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
United States
I once talked about this sort of thing with Costello on the IRC. It was when I was complaining about how all the PSP links for various homebrew and plugins were dead at this point, and finding stuff was a real hassle. You know what I got as a response?
"That's what filetrip is for."

Maybe one day, you will be like "goddam I really wish I had that 3rd from the last revision of CHMM2" and all of the time, effort, and money will be worth the "fork" button on github. At the moment though, this thread is literally a thread saying "I'm going to personally archive as much 3ds stuff as I can, for myself, unless the developers tell me I can release it." In theory, this thread is going to get lost to the abyss, you are supposedly going to still be archiving 3ds stuff, no developers are going to give permission because they don't know this thread exists, and then by the time your archive will prove to be anywhere near useful, the 3ds scene will be dead, still without permission to release. And then when some lonely bored derp chances upon this thread and asks what happened, there will be this chat about how they never gave permission and when you try to contact them, it's a dead link.

Not only could you do this entirely wasteful endeavor much more easily on filetrip, where you can dump your uploads without publishing them, aka before you get permission, but publishing them is pretty easy, costs far less because Costello is funding it, and is going to be around for about as long as gbatemp.

Archiving isn't bad, I archive shit all the time. Your proposal however, is completely fucking dumb, wasteful, and those hours that you are spending searching, uploading, etc. going to be tossed into a blender after about 2-3 weeks of the same shit and you decide to bin the whole project.

Luglige

hiatus
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
I once talked about this sort of thing with Costello on the IRC. It was when I was complaining about how all the PSP links for various homebrew and plugins were dead at this point, and finding stuff was a real hassle. You know what I got as a response?
"That's what filetrip is for."

Maybe one day, you will be like "goddam I really wish I had that 3rd from the last revision of CHMM2" and all of the time, effort, and money will be worth the "fork" button on github. At the moment though, this thread is literally a thread saying "I'm going to personally archive as much 3ds stuff as I can, for myself, unless the developers tell me I can release it." In theory, this thread is going to get lost to the abyss, you are supposedly going to still be archiving 3ds stuff, no developers are going to give permission because they don't know this thread exists, and then by the time your archive will prove to be anywhere near useful, the 3ds scene will be dead, still without permission to release. And then when some lonely bored derp chances upon this thread and asks what happened, there will be this chat about how they never gave permission and when you try to contact them, it's a dead link.

Not only could you do this entirely wasteful endeavor much more easily on filetrip, where you can dump your uploads without publishing them, aka before you get permission, but publishing them is pretty easy, costs far less because Costello is funding it, and is going to be around for about as long as gbatemp.

Archiving isn't bad, I archive shit all the time. Your proposal however, is completely fucking dumb, wasteful, and those hours that you are spending searching, uploading, etc. going to be tossed into a blender after about 2-3 weeks of the same shit and you decide to bin the whole project.

Nice speach, Could have less curse words, but nice speach. I could technically non-private the homebrew, cause well all homebrew is open-source...Witch means i have the rights to post whatever "copy" of the homebrew I want, Wich would put many different sites to no use at all to download from. But then again that would be to easy and i would make money -shudders-. If I do decide to make this into a website, revanue goes to devs and other people. And don't worry I have to much persistence to give up a project.

Edit: Also I'm gonna contact devs myself. If any of my project is forgotten I'll be sure it's revived.

Last edited by Luglige,

david_keen

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Could you write a little description?

Example:
- Purgification v.1.1 | v.1.0: for clean notifications.

Sunshell v.0.3.8 | v.0.3 | v.0.2 BETA | v.0.1 ALPHA 2 | v.0.1 ALPHA 1: a shell with a lot of stuff like music player.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Sorry for accidentally bending over