vWii won't install WADs using Wad Manager 1.7?

Discussion in 'Wii U - Hacking & Backup Loaders' started by MegaSuperab2, Jun 30, 2016.

1. MegaSuperab2
    OP

MegaSuperab2 Homebrewer, Memer, Acts Like Bedroom Is Basement

May 8, 2016
    United States
    The Earth
    I'm not sure if this is the correct place to post this but I can't seem to install WADs on my vWii (IOS58) using WAD Manager 1.7. I tried 3 WADs in the wad folder in the root of my SD Card but if I try to install any of them it says there's an error in the ticket part. If it helps I used the HBC Forwarder (which fixes the 4:3 resolution problem on vWii Homebrew), a Project M forwarder and the Super Mario War forwarder. The IOS was set to 58. If any more info is needed (which I bet there will be, maybe not but who knows), feel free to say so. In the meantime I'll try Multi Mod Manager. Please give me a solution to this if possible.

2. fikatr

fikatr GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Mar 29, 2016
    Turkey
    next to smea
    i think even if you install them you cant boot because vwii and wii is diffrent

3. MegaSuperab2
    OP

MegaSuperab2 Homebrewer, Memer, Acts Like Bedroom Is Basement

May 8, 2016
    United States
    The Earth
    No, the HBC Forwarder was made specifically for vWii so I don't think that's true. I even found a tutorial on how to install WADs and the creator proved it worked.

4. jailminer

jailminer Joel? Are you up at 6 AM making a Custom Title?

Feb 9, 2016
    United States
    GRAND DAD! GRAND DAD? FLEENSTONES???
    *Didn't know I wasn't the only Vinesauce fan in this community! :)

MegaSuperab2 likes this.
  5. CJB100

CJB100 Programmer, Media Producer, Hardware Repair

May 8, 2016
    United States
    USA
    Use my stickied vWii guide. Use YAWMM to install the wads, and if they are channels or channel forwarders, make sure they are made for vWii. If they are virtual console or WiiWare, its whatever.

7Robins likes this.
  6. Effi

Effi Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Jun 15, 2016
    Iceland
    I can confirm it's possible to transfer saved data from hacked wii to wiiu. I just did it. :)

The next step is to hack my vWii, but I have a few quetions.

I've heard there is a risk messing with vios and not be able to update wii u.
    I'm not sure if I got it right, but if that's the case, can I prevent it?

Thanks in advance

CJB100 likes this.
  7. CJB100

CJB100 Programmer, Media Producer, Hardware Repair

May 8, 2016
    United States
    USA
    Use my stickied vWii guide lol. If you follow that, nothing is going to happen to your Wii or Wii U. In general, don't install Wii stuff on the vWii.