Hacking vwii wiiflow wont start up

Dmx001

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
so i was trying to get my wii games loaded off my sd card which btw is a 128gb strontium nitro 466x micro sd card in an adapter on wiiflow. they all showed up but when i clicked them they gave a black screen then sent me back to the home menu after a few secs. so looking around i found a guy asking for help for the same problem and his solution was changing global settings cios to 251 and that caused a crash on start up of wiiflow. so now im trying to find a way to reset settings on wiiflow to default which for some reason no matter how many times a delete it from the apps folder and from its wiiflow folder on the root still crashes on start up. and please dont tell me to format my sd card or use a usb if i could i would but i cant so i shant thanks for the help.

my gc games work fine on nintendont and my wii u games work on loadiine so pretty sure its not the sd card.

fledge68

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
so i was trying to get my wii games loaded off my sd card which btw is a 128gb strontium nitro 466x micro sd card in an adapter on wiiflow. they all showed up but when i clicked them they gave a black screen then sent me back to the home menu after a few secs. so looking around i found a guy asking for help for the same problem and his solution was changing global settings cios to 251 and that caused a crash on start up of wiiflow. so now im trying to find a way to reset settings on wiiflow to default which for some reason no matter how many times a delete it from the apps folder and from its wiiflow folder on the root still crashes on start up. and please dont tell me to format my sd card or use a usb if i could i would but i cant so i shant thanks for the help.

my gc games work fine on nintendont and my wii u games work on loadiine so pretty sure its not the sd card.
wiiflow uses a savegame file on your wii or vwii. this savegame holds the force cios and what cios you chose in startup settings. delete this savegame and wiiflow should start again.

as for your games not starting - wiiflow code probably doesn't like you using a micro sd in an adapter. you could edit wiiflow.ini and under [DEBUG] set sd_write_log to yes and run wiiflow. then check your sd card and you should find a wiiflow.log file. copy and paste it on here and we might be able to tell at what point wiiflow crashed.

Dmx001

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Sweet thanks working on the debug thing now cant believe it was that simple to erase the config was up all night trying to find it

Welcome to WiiFlow MasterMod (4.2.3-r1054)!
This is the debug output.
vWii Mode
WiiFlow is in real nand mode
Real Wii
IOS58 v6432
patched isfs_permissions 1 times.
patched es_setuid 1 times.
patched es_identify 1 times.
patched hash_check 0 times.
patched new_hash_check 1 times.
Init ISFS
Created WiiFlow Save
FAT Partition at sd: mounted.
SHND: Running sound thread
Wiiflow boot.dol Location: sd:/apps/wiiflow
Wii Games Directory: %s:/wbfs
Force enabling DML view
m_mios_ver = 0; m_sd_dm = 0; m_new_dml = 0; m_new_dm_cfg = 0
Loading cIOS map
Found d2x base 56 in slot 249
Found d2x base 57 in slot 250
Found d2x base 58 in slot 251
Data Directory: sd:/wiiflow
Nintendont found
Creating Gamelist
Games found: 26
Update Play log
Launching game RPJE7U
Cleanup Coverflow
SHND: Stopping sound thread
SHND: Stopped sound thread
MEM1_freesize(): 10797040
MEM2_freesize(): 44016000
Game ID# RPJE7U requested IOS 33. User selected 250
Changed requested IOS to 250.
Reloading IOS into 250
Reloading into IOS 250 from 58...

ive tried all 3 cios 249,250,251 and they all crash it on start up if i set them to force cios in startup settings. this is what i get when i start a game with default settings

Last edited by Dmx001,

fledge68

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Sweet thanks working on the debug thing now cant believe it was that simple to erase the config was up all night trying to find it

Welcome to WiiFlow MasterMod (4.2.3-r1054)!
vWii Mode
Real Wii
IOS58 v6432
Init ISFS
Created WiiFlow Save
Wiiflow boot.dol Location: sd:/apps/wiiflow
Force enabling DML view
m_mios_ver = 0; m_sd_dm = 0; m_new_dml = 0; m_new_dm_cfg = 0
Loading cIOS map
Nintendont found
Creating Gamelist
Games found: 26
Update Play log
Launching game RPJE7U
Cleanup Coverflow
MEM1_freesize(): 10797040
MEM2_freesize(): 44016000
Game ID# RPJE7U requested IOS 33. User selected 250
Changed requested IOS to 250.
Reloading IOS into 250
Reloading into IOS 250 from 58...

ive tried all 3 cios 249,250,251 and they all crash it on start up if i set them to force cios in startup settings. this is what i get when i start a game with default settings
not sure why you are using 250 instead of 249 but no biggie, shouldn't really be the problem.

it appears to stop during reloading to cios 250 but that could be just that during ios reload all devices are unmounted and it there for stopped the log file.
also there isn't many gprints (log file) after that point.

first make sure you have sd:/apps/wiiflow/bin folder and have the bin files inside. if not then wiiflow will try to load the one it wants and if it fails it will just exit to system menu without any warning. or you could have the bin files but be the wrong ones for your wiiflow. you seem to be using Abz's mastermod r1054. make sure you have the bin files for that one.

second. go to settings>startup settings and set force load cios to yes and the cios to auto

Dmx001

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Will do sorta not home right now but once im back ill check it out. Does the bin come with the download on the wiiflow page cause i downloaded it from there and just placed it on the sd card.

fledge68

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
if you copied his pack to sd or the apps folder from his pack the bins should be ok. i personally use force cios on because switching (reloading) from ios 58 to cios 249 during game launch caused problems for me. my hdd would unmount and not mount back, maybe its too slow.

Dmx001

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
so got home tried it and blam got the same screen on startup seems like it doesnt like the force cios it just crashes within a second or two of booting wiiflow i followed the definitive vwii setup tutorial and installed the right cios i believe so not sure what the issue is what can i use to double check if everything is installed properly in the cios?

fledge68

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
so got home tried it and blam got the same screen on startup seems like it doesnt like the force cios it just crashes within a second or two of booting wiiflow i followed the definitive vwii setup tutorial and installed the right cios i believe so not sure what the issue is what can i use to double check if everything is installed properly in the cios?
Definitely sounds like you got the wrong cio. Make sure the cios says vwii in the title.

Reactions: GR-DRACULA

Dmx001

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
fixed it thanks for the help i think i didnt have the cios 236 installed followed the definitive guide again for the cios's and then tried the wii flow stuff again and like magic it worked. probably was half asleep when i was doing this the first time cause i had just gotten the wii u and was up all night hacking it and transfering things from my old wii

Reactions: fledge68

DolphinPussy

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I appear to be having very similar issues, right down to the Micro SD being in an adapter. I go past the menu in some games, then it just stands still in a permanent black screen. If you could find a solution, I'd be super grateful. Unsure how much my specific log will help, but here you go.

Welcome to WiiFlow Lite 4.4.0 (r1149)!
vWii Mode
Real Wii
IOS58 v6432
Init ISFS
Found WiiFlow Save
Loading IOS Settings from NAND
Reloading into IOS 249 from 58...
Deinit ISFS
AHBPROT after IOS Reload: 1
patched isfs_permissions 0 times.
Init ISFS
D2X IOS249[56] v10
Changing USB port to port 0....
Wiiflow boot.dol Location: sd:/apps/wiiflow_lite
Nintendont found
GameCube Games Directory: %s:/games
Loading cIOS map
Found d2x base 58 in slot 252
vWii Mode
vWii Mode
Creating Gamelist
Games found: 23
Coverflow started!
start wiiflow main screen
Saving IOS Settings to NAND
Coverflow stopped!
Cleanup Coverflow
MEM1_freesize(): 10280944
MEM2_freesize(): 41970816

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

https://www.reddit.com/r/WiiHacks/comments/3gtud5/please_help_with_kirbys_return_to_dream_land_un/
Nevermind, it appears Kirby hates the SD card. Don't want to use USB, so I'll just have to stick to using my game disc in the meantime. Welp.
I swear this never happened with a normal Wii.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • sp3off @ sp3off:
    ouch @K3Nv2 hope nothing's too bad !
  • RedColoredStars @ RedColoredStars:
    xda a good site. My go to site for phone shit. :)
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Females have burnt me worse
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    females don't exist
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @ZeroT21, Tamales exist.
    +1
    Setting FF to max performance on my gpu made it slower. lol. Tried it on Edge too just to see, and it made Edge slower too. lol
    Thanks for trying. :)
    +1
    ill just use edge and watch nintendo videos on firefox. lolol.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    The everything beagle cup noodles are actually pretty decent
    dog noodles. mmmmmm.
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    monkey brains
    The cream cheese flavoring in the bagel cups scares me
    Did you try the breakfast one they make?
  • sp3off @ sp3off:
    A good salmon Poké bowl with some cream cheese is decadent
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    It's really not bad you just think of cold cream cheese
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    being lactose intolerant is a sin
    I dont like cream cheese. Thats why. Haha. The breakfast noodle cup sounds fantastic though.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I beat grilled cream cheese would be top notch
  • sp3off @ sp3off:
    @ZeroT21 tons of ingredients contains lactose more or less sadly. Makes them tummy aches and farts-o-lantern rocket launches
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    My only gripe too many poppy seeds a cop may taze me
    "Start your day with Cup Noodles Breakfast! This limited time flavor blends ramen with your favorite breakfast flavors, including pancakes, maple syrup, sausage, and eggs."
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    If our Walmart has them yours probably does
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    I came to like french Camembert
    ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21: I came to like french Camembert