vWii USB?

saito1234

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hello,
I have read several forum posts that vWii is killing drives on USB, is that true?

I have used my Pendrive(s) for years with PS3 and X360, so they definitely shouldn't die that easily.
Does vWii read/write on the Pendrive? Or what happens exactly? How can it kill it?

I also read that the power output on its usb drive may be not enough? Can there be no problems, if I use an external HDD?
I have an external HDD that powers itself with 2-USB, and works fine with vWii, however I wouldn't like to get it killed.

Or is it generally safer to play vWii games from SD card, even though it is slower?

How about WiiU games? Are Pendrive safe to play WiiU games? Does only the vWii has this strange issue?

ber71

Trophies
XP
Country
Spain
VWii doesn't kill flash drives but usually doesn't recognize them for playing wii backups. You get a black screen when you launch a wbfs or iso.

WiiU does recognize USB flash drives, but writes a lot to them so tend to die soon.

Last edited by ber71,
Reactions: jeannotte

saito1234

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
VWii doesn't kill flash drives but usually doesn't recognize them for playing wii backups. You get a black screen when you launch a wbfs or iso.

WiiU does recognize USB flash drives, but writes a lot to them so tend to die soon.
So, if my vWii recognizes my Pendrive / HDD they should be perfectly safe to use, and I don't have to worry?

For WiiU I should use a HDD and forget the Pendrive? It won't kill the HDD, only the Pendrives?

saito1234

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I am using my External HDD on WiiU atm (it is powered with 2 USB ports).
When I turn off my WiiU should I also remove the HDD?

Does the WiiU really writes on the HDD when the console is turned off?

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SONIC122 @ SONIC122: explain what happened plz,