[vWii] system files are corrupted, I don`t know why and how to solve

Discussion in 'Wii U - Hacking & Backup Loaders' started by OBI, Jan 3, 2016.

1. OBI
    OP

OBI Member

Newcomer
    Jan 24, 2009
    Gambia, The
    Hey Users,

I have a problem with my vWii. Some days ago everything was fine, we have played Mario Kart and Bowling (can be wii sports or wii fit or so) by HDD, next day I can't boot up in vWii-Mode.

After health screen i get the message that the system files are corrupted. But i can start in maintenance-mode.
    It is not possible also for starting in vWii-Mode without SD card and HDD.

I have 2 channels there: HBC and Wii Flow Forwarder.

My Syslog is attached.

what can i do for repairing my vWii-Mode?

thanks in advance

Attached Files:

2. The3rdknuckles

The3rdknuckles Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Dec 30, 2015
    United States
    Back up and factory reset?

3. TotalInsanity4

TotalInsanity4 GBAtemp Supreme Overlord

Dec 1, 2014
    United States
    Under a rock
    Don't factory reset, it does nothing but wipe channels, whatever is causing your issue will still be there.

Are you using the vWii version of Syschecker? I don't know very much German, but I believe that there should be "vWii" printed somewhere near the top. If you are, forget I asked, because your Syscheck looks fine, but if not could you please look in JoostinOnline's signature and run it again? (Look him up, I'm not tagging him out of decency)

4. OBI
    OP

OBI Member

Newcomer
    Jan 24, 2009
    Gambia, The
    thanks for your answer.

yes, I think it was the vWii-version but here is the sys check with the newest version:

Warning: Spoilers inside!

I can not see any big changes...

I have all the IOS (IOS 9, 12, etc.) wads from before this error. Should I install this wads?

The game before this error message was wii sports resort and i have played with an old save game , copied with the wii transfer channel some months ago.

any ideas what to do with my "bricked" vWii-Mode?

/edit: I have the systemmenu v514, too. Can I overwrite everything with the old IOS and system menu without any problems?

Last edited by OBI, Jan 4, 2016
    TotalInsanity4 likes this.
  5. TotalInsanity4

Dec 1, 2014
    United States
    Under a rock
    You can try to install your original dumps, but I doubt it will do anything since you have a clean syscheck... I honestly don't know what to say...

Oh, wait, I might know what's up. Are you absolutely sure that you installed the vWii version of the WiiFlow forwarder? Can you try uninstalling that WAD and rebooting into vWii mode to see if that will fix it?

6. OBI
    OP

OBI Member

Newcomer
    Jan 24, 2009
    Gambia, The
    Hello,

what do you mean with a "clean syscheck"? Why is this check not "clean"?

This forwarder is installed since 1 year or longer, long time no problems. But i have deinstalled with wad manager now, but the error is still there.

7. EmceeKerser

EmceeKerser GBAtemp Maniac

Jun 3, 2014
    The fuckin' Blue Mountains brah
    He means that your syscheck looks fine

Is there anything that you changed prior to the error? Anything at all?

TotalInsanity4 likes this.
  8. OBI
    OP

OBI Member

Newcomer
    Jan 24, 2009
    Gambia, The
    hey!?

nope, nothing. I have canceled the napster download in WiiU-Mode only, no changes in the vWii-Mode since the last months.

We have played Mario Kart and Wii Sports Resort with CFG-Loader in vWii-Mode before the error appears. :(

9. TotalInsanity4

Dec 1, 2014
    United States
    Under a rock
    This is really bizarre. I honestly cannot think of anything that would be causing this...

10. CoconutCake

CoconutCake GBAtemp Regular

Dec 16, 2008
    United States
    Same thing happened to me.

Started getting the "System files are corrupted" message yesterday after exiting from USB Loader GX, after playing Sakura Wars.

I very carefully modded my vWii a few weeks ago using the tutorial here. I did the absolute minimum modding.

I now appear to have the "Mail brick" issue. Maintenance mode works fine, and most of the time my vWii seems to boot perfectly to Wii menu now. So the "mail brick" seems intermittent and random.

For now I will just live with it when it happens, and use maintenance mode. Everything else seems to work fine, i.e. I can play games and homebrew no problem.

I have not come across any definitive answers about the cause or fix for this issue. I am also not sure it's something to worry about.

Last edited by CoconutCake, Apr 15, 2016
  11. Bug_Checker_

Bug_Checker_ GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Jun 10, 2006
    United States
    Unfortunately, without more info from the OP(or others) it is sometimes very difficult to troubleshoot.
    Sometimes the version that the Wii U firmware is on is critical to compare whether the correct vWii versions are installed for the correct Wii U firmware. Other times, it doesn't matter. But more information is always better.
    (except console specific like Console ID. It is unnecessary).

Assuming you originally did a nand backup with keys(and they are safely backed up somewhere), you could try to make another nand backup with Dump Mii Nand. But, I would use a new clean SD card.

You could extract the contents of both backed up nand copies to compare and find differences.

Or you should be able to bypass the Wii U nand and use vsneek(on sdcard)if you suspect faulty nand flash chip.

12. Maintinence Mode

Maintinence Mode Newbie

Newcomer
    May 2, 2016
    United States
    Do not know if this helps anyone. I bricked or semibricked my wiiu console. I kept getting the corrupt system message in vwii mode.

By simply going to maintenance mode (hold + & -, then click A) it bypasses the issue. Just do not load anymore wads and leave this mode alone. I have to bypass the issue going forward cause I was an idiot and loaded bad wads. I simply will not mess it with mode now.

For more info, simply google maintenance mode for wii

Last edited by Maintinence Mode, May 2, 2016