vWii Softmode works on 5.1.1 ?

Discussion in 'Wii U - Hacking & Backup Loaders' started by Shimano, Aug 9, 2014.

1. Shimano
    OP

Shimano Member

Newcomer
    Aug 9, 2014
    Romania
    Hi guys i'm new here nice to meet you all, please give me a helping hand with a new WiiU i just bought and i want to Softmod. The console is on 3.1.0 E and i don't know what weather to softmod the vWii like this or update to 5.1.1 and softmod it after, will it still work if i update it to 5.1.1 ? if yes how is better first to update to 5.1.1 then softmod or softmod it on 3.1.0 and update to 5.1.1 after ?

2. sj33

sj33 GBAtemp Addict

Oct 22, 2013
    Japan
    The vWii software exploit works fine in 5.1.1. There is no issue.

The 5.1.1 does fix the WiiU browser exploit, but it is only user mode and not overly useful right now. If you're only interested in vWii, feel free to update.

3. Thirty3Three

Thirty3Three Musician Member

Mar 22, 2013
    United States
    Wherever you want me, baby.
    Smash stack worked on mine on said firmware.

4. WiiUBricker

WiiUBricker Insert Custom Title

Sep 19, 2009
    Argentina
    Espresso
    By using the term "softmode" you disqualified yourself from getting support.

5. Shimano
    OP

Shimano Member

Newcomer
    Aug 9, 2014
    Romania
    Thank you very much guys for the help !

What does this brower exploit do ?

6. The Real Jdbye

The Real Jdbye Always Remember 30/07/08

GBAtemp Patron
    The Real Jdbye is a Patron of GBAtemp and is helping us stay independent!

Our Patreon
    Mar 17, 2010
    Norway
    Alola
    It seems like it might allow full access to many parts of Wii U mode as people are already modding Mario Kart 8 with it. Because of that I would avoid updating to the latest firmware, since the exploit might eventually enable USB loaders, firmware mods and things like that.

7. Shimano
    OP

Shimano Member

Newcomer
    Aug 9, 2014
    Romania
    That sounds very good ! i actually bought all the games i play on WiiU (so far) but i wanted to play some virtual console games in the emulator of vWii. I will softmod my console and don't update for know then !

8. Enigma Hall

Enigma Hall GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Feb 6, 2013
    Brazil
    Dude. Take a mario kart 8 with a friend to update to 4.1. Then take a smash bros wii original to install hbc and play your wii games from external hd. And wait until some good thing come from scene. Dont play online if you want future homebrew.

9. Shimano
    OP

Shimano Member

Newcomer
    Aug 9, 2014
    Romania
    Yup that's what i will do, thank you very much for the advice :)