Legends are Made from True Stories...
OP
Trophies
Website
maxlempira.deviantart.com
XP
Country
Mexico
Hello Temps! :grog: I'm here (Again) asking for some help.
My cousin tried to update his d2x cIOS to his WiiU's vWii, but he didn't know what he's doing, since I installed Homebrew Channel and d2x cIOS last time in he's vWii. So then, his adventures ended when he used a program to uninstall some IOS'es, think he used DOP-Mii. To be clear, he said that erase every IOS on the system, except for the one that says Menu System 4.3, I ask for the NAND backup that I made but he format his SD, well, I though it won't work anyway, cause we can't access to the Hombrew Channel, and when I insert Smash Bros. to perform the SmashStack, it just didn't work, we get a BlackScreen when it boot, so, now he got a useless vWii, without HombreChannel and anyway to launch a game.
My question is, will we be able to do an update (when it comes, I heard that Nintendo will launch one in August 11) on WiiU System, and with this, does vWii could install, again, all the IOS that have been erased?
Just to know, cause he sell his Wii thinking on using just the WiiU :P if not, to tell him he need to afford on a new system.
Thanks, "AGAIN", for your infinity knowledge! :bow:

EDIT (20/08/2015):

Hey temp! here with some good news! now that a new update has been released, I call to my cousin for him to verify if his WiiU accept the update and if vWii works.
Well, from what he said, he turned on his WiiU and tried to update, but WiiU said that it was updated, so I tell him to check out the version, the WiiU perform an automatic update, so now it's on 5.5, or whatever it is the latest version, then he go to vWii Menu and tried to launch an app, since he doesn't have any Wii Disc, and voila! the app works again, and apparently with the update vWii has been restored... this is just an informative post to every people who have this mistake, and to prevent them to to this, thanks for your help! ;)

Now, next step, I'll make every mod ion his WiiU from now on in the future :yaywii:

Last edited by MAXLEMPIRA,

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
The vWii side is fully broken and can't be fixed. He deleted IOS that HBC, homebrew and games uses. if he can't even boot smash bros, he can't fix anything.
The WiiU will probably not be able to update if he doesn't have a clean vWii system.

Just wait for the update and see if the console accept to update the WiiU side, but I'm almost sure neither WiiU will update nor vWii side will be fixed.
his only chance to fix it would be a WiiU 5.4.0 hack to access vWii NAND chipset. it's currently not possible.

Reactions: MAXLEMPIRA

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
it's "semi" in the sense that you can still boot it.
but without any IOS you can't do anything, so it's fully unusable/bricked.
It's full brick until there's a way to access vWii from a WiiU hack.

I hope he will have learn not to mess with console's content. next time he will think twice (or more) before acting.

Reactions: MAXLEMPIRA

MAXLEMPIRA

Legends are Made from True Stories...
OP
Trophies
Website
maxlempira.deviantart.com
XP
Country
Mexico
Hey temp! here with some good news! now that a new update has been released, I call to my cousin for him to verify if his WiiU accept the update and if vWii works.
Well, from what he said, he turned on his WiiU and tried to update, but WiiU said that it was updated, so I tell him to check out the version, the WiiU perform an automatic update, so now it's on 5.5, or whatever it is the latest version, then he go to vWii Menu and tried to launch an app, since he doesn't have any Wii Disc, and voila! the app works again, and apparently with the update vWii has been restored... this is just an informative post to every people who have this mistake, and to prevent them to to this, thanks for your help! ;)

Now, next step, I'll make every mod ion his WiiU from now on in the future :yaywii:

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    cearp @ cearp: Welcome hazbeans