Hacking vWii games not being recongnized or loaded

ProdigalGun

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Both my Wii U and my vWii are hacked and functional. However my vWii games will not boot on GXloader or Wiiflow when both my WiiU and vWii USB sticks are plugged in at the same time.

If I only plug my USB Stick with the Wii games in, they play flawlessly. If I plug in the Wii U USB Stick, the Wii U games play flawlessly. But when I plug both of them in, the Wii games will not load...however the Wii U titles load properly.

I use two usb sticks because of the anemic power issues when trying to use a hard drive on the USB ports.
They both worked together earlier this year when I jailbroke the system.

I use Ustealth, so I know that's not the problem.

Is this a CIOS problem where the USB ports are being interfered with? I'm so frustrated that I am about to buy another system and start over. Please Help

ProdigalGun

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
probably the fact that you're using usb flash drives, right? those don't operate well with the wii u.
No, the flash drives operate wonderfully. I was having the same exact problem with the vWii games on a WD My Passport HDD. And I had proper power going to the Hard Drives.

Lostbhoy

HEY YOU GUYS!
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Lol, I totally missed that sentence! Sorry bout that!
It could be the usb ports on your wii u, have u looked for any damage, loose connections?

Sorry to take baby steps here but yeah, usb flash sticks are notoriously crap on wii u. Although they work independently or in your pc they can still be crap! Check with another if you have any and also check if any settings in ustealth have been changed or altered.

xs4all

Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
So your saying that is used to work and now it doesn't with the exact same setup you have now?

The vWii is very picky as to what hard drive is connected, sometimes it's the hard drive or the actual hard drive controller inside the hard drive enclosure. This issue only happens in vWii mode, but in WiiU mode, the same usb device works fine. This is most likely the issue you had with your USB WD HDD.

If nothing has changed since the last time it was working, then I highly doubt it's a cISO issue, you say that the USB sticks works fine independently but not together, when your using one usb stick, I'm assuming your using the rear ports, did you test each port? Even if your sticks are working fine, I would still get new sticks to test.

Worse case scenario, your usb ports on the WiiU is either on it's way out or damaged, I have read around here that some users had their WiiU USB ports fail over time when using hacked vWii to load Wii games. Not saying this is your issue but something to think about.

If I were you, to troubleshoot, get yourself some new sticks (even though you say they work fine by itsefl), start fresh and test,

Last edited by xs4all,

The Real Jdbye

*is birb*
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
Both my Wii U and my vWii are hacked and functional. However my vWii games will not boot on GXloader or Wiiflow when both my WiiU and vWii USB sticks are plugged in at the same time.

If I only plug my USB Stick with the Wii games in, they play flawlessly. If I plug in the Wii U USB Stick, the Wii U games play flawlessly. But when I plug both of them in, the Wii games will not load...however the Wii U titles load properly.

I use two usb sticks because of the anemic power issues when trying to use a hard drive on the USB ports.
They both worked together earlier this year when I jailbroke the system.

I use Ustealth, so I know that's not the problem.

Is this a CIOS problem where the USB ports are being interfered with? I'm so frustrated that I am about to buy another system and start over. Please Help
The Wii drive needs to be in the top rear port, unless you are using the beta53-alt version of d2x cIOS.

Reactions: xs4all

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • A @ anotherthing:
    Online was free on the 3DS as well, and it worked well.
    +1
  • S @ salazarcosplay:
    I can't help but think nintendo switch online is the reason we did not get a gameboy/n64/gamecube
    mini classic edition
    +1
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @salazarcosplay, i think it would have been impossible to see anything in a gameboy mini
  • S @ salazarcosplay:
    well I meant that as a figure of speech
  • S @ salazarcosplay:
    they could just rerelease a modern gameboy
  • S @ salazarcosplay:
    like the pocket analogue
  • S @ salazarcosplay:
    but nintendo licensed
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    dammit that thread got moved from offtopic to edge, well since that happened
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @LeoTCK, atleast it's still avaliable
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    yes but it wasn't meant to be a comedy thread
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    and edge of the forum is mostly comedy and games
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    so I don't get why it got moved at all
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @LeoTCK, mods are probably hating you
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    on most sites mods hated me, sooner or later, but usually over time I get either banned or the mods get used to me
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    sometimes to the point of thanking me for my quick actions etc against spam and other stuff, but yea...its either they come to respect me or outright hate me
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    If it's not game related, it will be moved to the Egde of the forum. Mods have moved a few of my threads also.
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @BigOnYa, it was in the off topic chat forum
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Well atleast they didn't delete it completely.
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    hmm
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    uoiea
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    huh?
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Aeiou backwards
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: Aeiou backwards