Hacking Vwii game region changing not possible with ARC! But wait, there's more!

Ryccardo

Penguin accelerator
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
So, a friend on telegram was asking about enabling a different app region on Vwii (in the hopes it would enable foreign Enhanced Vwii games)...

So, for fun (aka wasting some time this evening) I installed the HBC 1.1.3, d2x vCIOS, YAWMM mod, and BlueDump 1.82;

backed up IOS249 (with ticket and tmd fakesigning enabled);
edited its titleid with ShowMiiWads to be 36 and 58*, then installed the 2 copies;
* don't do this on HBC 1.1.2 as it would brick the HBC

now, AnyRegionChanger would start despite its age and requirement of a hardcoded number patched IOS -- but not run since the slccmp:/shared2/sys/SYSCONF is incompatible...

Now! The region settings are all in setting.txt anyway (SYSCONF only matters to ARC for the country&state/province setting)!

So, disregard all of the above and pick these tools instead:
§ Windows PC with ftp client and Setting Edit
§ ftpiiu-everywhere and dependencies (aka a supported WiiU cfw)
§ Brain (aka you find the concept of making backups obvious)

download slccmp:/title/00000001/00000002/data/setting.txt
open in Setting Edit
change Game region
save, agree to encryption when requested
reupload

And you have successfully changed the region of games your Vwii will run.

I don't have actually tried it with "the official usb loader" cuz cba 2 downlode large w4r3z
And if you just want foreign VC/Wiiware, for most of them it's easier to change the region of the wad itself with ShowMiiWads :)

Last edited by Ryccardo, , Reason: press that useless § key more

cucholix

00000780 00000438
Trophies
XP
Country
Chile
I have 3 PAL Wii disc in my USA Wii U, would be cool enabling free region instead, but interesting finding nonetheless :)

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Pump the chocolate into my veins