Vwii game region changing not possible with ARC! But wait, there's more!

Discussion in 'Wii U - Hacking & Backup Loaders' started by Ryccardo, May 8, 2017.

1. Ryccardo
    OP

Ryccardo WiiUaboo

Feb 13, 2015
    Italy
    Imola
    So, a friend on telegram was asking about enabling a different app region on Vwii (in the hopes it would enable foreign Enhanced Vwii games)...

So, for fun (aka wasting some time this evening) I installed the HBC 1.1.3, d2x vCIOS, YAWMM mod, and BlueDump 1.82;

backed up IOS249 (with ticket and tmd fakesigning enabled);
    edited its titleid with ShowMiiWads to be 36 and 58*, then installed the 2 copies;
    * don't do this on HBC 1.1.2 as it would brick the HBC

now, AnyRegionChanger would start despite its age and requirement of a hardcoded number patched IOS -- but not run since the slccmp:/shared2/sys/SYSCONF is incompatible...

Now! The region settings are all in setting.txt anyway (SYSCONF only matters to ARC for the country&state/province setting)!

So, disregard all of the above and pick these tools instead:
    § Windows PC with ftp client and Setting Edit
    § ftpiiu-everywhere and dependencies (aka a supported WiiU cfw)
    § Brain (aka you find the concept of making backups obvious)

download slccmp:/title/00000001/00000002/data/setting.txt
    open in Setting Edit
    change Game region
    save, agree to encryption when requested
    reupload

And you have successfully changed the region of games your Vwii will run.

I don't have actually tried it with "the official usb loader" cuz cba 2 downlode large w4r3z
    And if you just want foreign VC/Wiiware, for most of them it's easier to change the region of the wad itself with ShowMiiWads :)

Last edited by Ryccardo, May 8, 2017 - Reason: press that useless § key more
  2. cucholix

cucholix No-Intro

Jan 17, 2017
    Chile
    I have 3 PAL Wii disc in my USA Wii U, would be cool enabling free region instead, but interesting finding nonetheless :)

3. Ryccardo
    OP

Ryccardo WiiUaboo

Feb 13, 2015
    Italy
    Imola
    For the case of "some physical discs", Gecko is probably more convenient :)