Vwii game region changing not possible with ARC! But wait, there's more!

Discussion in 'Wii U - Hacking & Backup Loaders' started by Ryccardo, May 8, 2017.

1. Ryccardo
    OP

Ryccardo WiiUaboo

Feb 13, 2015
    Italy
    Imola
    So, a friend on telegram was asking about enabling a different app region on Vwii (in the hopes it would enable foreign Enhanced Vwii games)...

So, for fun (aka wasting some time this evening) I installed the HBC 1.1.3, d2x vCIOS, YAWMM mod, and BlueDump 1.82;

backed up IOS249 (with ticket and tmd fakesigning enabled);
    edited its titleid with ShowMiiWads to be 36 and 58*, then installed the 2 copies;
    * don't do this on HBC 1.1.2 as it would brick the HBC

now, AnyRegionChanger would start despite its age and requirement of a hardcoded number patched IOS -- but not run since the slccmp:/shared2/sys/SYSCONF is incompatible...

Now! The region settings are all in setting.txt anyway (SYSCONF only matters to ARC for the country&state/province setting)!

So, disregard all of the above and pick these tools instead:
    § Windows PC with ftp client and Setting Edit
    § ftpiiu-everywhere and dependencies (aka a supported WiiU cfw)
    § Brain (aka you find the concept of making backups obvious)

download slccmp:/title/00000001/00000002/data/setting.txt
    open in Setting Edit
    change Game region
    save, agree to encryption when requested
    reupload

And you have successfully changed the region of games your Vwii will run.

I don't have actually tried it with "the official usb loader" cuz cba 2 downlode large w4r3z
    And if you just want foreign VC/Wiiware, for most of them it's easier to change the region of the wad itself with ShowMiiWads :)

Last edited by Ryccardo, May 8, 2017 - Reason: press that useless § key more
  2. cucholix

cucholix Banners guy

Jan 17, 2017
    Chile
    I have 3 PAL Wii disc in my USA Wii U, would be cool enabling free region instead, but interesting finding nonetheless :)

3. Ryccardo
    OP

Ryccardo WiiUaboo

Feb 13, 2015
    Italy
    Imola
    For the case of "some physical discs", Gecko is probably more convenient :)

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice