Hacking vWii Decaffeinator - Restore vWii without a NAND Backup

D

Deleted User

hi @GaryOderNichts
I have made a new video how to unbrick vWii by using NUS Downloader method :)
it's exactly the same thing like the update you get to change your vWii region
get to change vWii in firmware version to new or old
for this video I used a Japanese versions of vWii
I convert my vWii region EUR vWii to JAP vWii for this video enjoy :)

GaryOderNichts

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
hi @GaryOderNichts
I have made a new video how to unbrick vWii by using NUS Downloader method :)
it's exactly the same thing like the update you get to change your vWii region
get to change vWii in firmware version to new or old
for this video I used a Japanese versions of vWii
I convert my vWii region EUR vWii to JAP vWii for this video enjoy :)

Isn't that just what the vWii Decaffeintator does but way more complicated?
The region changing is pretty neat but I don't recommend that for unbricking.

GaryOderNichts

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
It is just more complicated than it needs to be.
Your video may be useful for region changing but is too compliated and unnecessary for the average user who wants to unbrick his vWii.
The vWii Decaffeinator can also keep your save files and installed channels while your video wipes everything.
Since the decaffeinator lets the System Update do the work it will also keep the original file modes.

Last edited by VinsCool, , Reason: Removed quoted post

AndroidDimitris

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Greece
Hello @GaryOderNichts , I use the browser exploit and in Wii U Homebrew Launcher when I try to load it stucks (maybe it crashes because I hear some wierd sounds from Wii U Hardware), then it freezes and it does nothing, I have to reboot it so it can function again. I have to mention that it can load other apps except vWii Decaffeinator. Could you improve that in next versions? Or help me to fix that in this case and condition?

I was wrong installing many ios wads (wads for Wii and not vWii) with Wad Manager from vWii Homebrew Channel and after that it cannot start Homebrew Channel, also even it starts Disc loader it cannot load official games.

AndroidDimitris

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Greece
Hello @GaryOderNichts , I use the browser exploit and in Wii U Homebrew Launcher when I try to load it stucks (maybe it crashes because I hear some wierd sounds from Wii U Hardware), then it freezes and it does nothing, I have to reboot it so it can function again. I have to mention that it can load other apps except vWii Decaffeinator. Could you improve that in next versions? Or help me to fix that in this case and condition?

I was wrong installing many ios wads (wads for Wii and not vWii) with Wad Manager from vWii Homebrew Channel and after that it cannot start vWii Homebrew Channel, also even it starts Disc loader it cannot load official games.

GaryOderNichts

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany

I was wrong installing many ios wads (wads for Wii and not vWii) with Wad Manager from vWii Homebrew Channel and after that it cannot start vWii Homebrew Channel, also even it starts Disc loader it cannot load official games.
Make sure to run a CFW like Mocha before. It shouldn't crash though...
Are you using the latest version of the HBL (v1.4)?

Reactions: Alexander1970

AndroidDimitris

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Greece
Hi @GaryOderNichts , even with Mocha it still continues to stuck when I choose "Load" vWii Decaffeinator.
I formated SD and installed Mocha redNAND to the SD, first I open Homebrew Launcher and I run Mocha, after that I open again Homebrew Launcher and it stucks when I touch "Load" vWii Decaffeinator.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    BigOnYa @ BigOnYa: With other peoples couches