Hacking vWii cios questions

worm28

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have a couple questions about cios. So if i pack d2x cios249 to wad and fakesign it then install it will my wii u refuse to update, I know if you install a fakesigned ios under 200 the wii u will give an error code and refuse to update. Second question if i pack d2x cios 249 to wad but dont fakesign it (vanilla wad) can i install it on any vwii or just the vwii i dumped it from?

TotalInsanity4

GBAtemp Supreme Overlord
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
As for question 1, I heard somewhere that having any cIOS installed at all messes up updating one way or another.

This is false, it was a very specific vIOS being patched that bricked the update feature. The exact one I can't remember right now, though... It was a very low one, though

OriginalHamster

UStealthy
Trophies
XP
Country
Cote d'Ivoire
I have a couple questions about cios. So if i pack d2x cios249 to wad and fakesign it then install it will my wii u refuse to update, I know if you install a fakesigned ios under 200 the wii u will give an error code and refuse to update.
Correct, IOS slots above 200 are secure to play with.

Second question if i pack d2x cios 249 to wad but dont fakesign it (vanilla wad) can i install it on any vwii or just the vwii i dumped it from?
It will work on whatever vWii, just make sure the base used (56, 57) is dumped from an actual Wii U console not Wii. I think you need fakesign in order to install otherwise wad managers will throw you a ticket error.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy: For example, one of my other favorite songs from them, with some massive house music influence - +1