vWii - Brother ran something in vWii homebrew channel, now vWii only boots to a black screen.

Discussion in 'Wii U - Hacking & Backup Loaders' started by Yabbeliten, Apr 16, 2017.

1. Yabbeliten
    OP

Yabbeliten Member

Newcomer
    Mar 17, 2007
    United States
    In ages past I backed up my vWii with FSTOOLBOX (I don't think I made a full NAND backup? I have a keys.txt file and a dump of the "import, meta, shared1, shared2, sys, ticket, title, tmp, wfs" files. I use CBHC for my vWii. The first thing I tried was to use ftpiiueverywhere and simply delete all the files I had backed up (minus keys.txt as I don't know what do do with that) and just restore it from my dump but the vWii just starts a black screen still. No change what-so-ever. I've tried launching with hbl2hbc, and various ways to get in to the vWii but whatever I do I have to cut power and shed some tears. It doesn't even get to the warning screen, just complete blackness. These are all the apps on my SD card (attached image and also here: http://imgur.com/a/5I8X8 ) so the damage was done by some of these. Is there any way to proceed or is my vWii completely ruined?

Attached Files:

Last edited by Yabbeliten, Apr 16, 2017

2. nikeymikey

nikeymikey This is now a Spiderman thread.........

Nov 19, 2008
    Your best start would be to find out exactly what your brother did. I'm not sure you helped your situation by deleting and rewriting the files you did tho.....

3. gaga24

gaga24 Member

Newcomer
    Nov 28, 2016
    My guess is priiloader.

4. Yabbeliten
    OP

Yabbeliten Member

Newcomer
    Mar 17, 2007
    United States
    He thinks it was Priiloader as well. Is it possible to recover from this?

5. gaga24

gaga24 Member

Newcomer
    Nov 28, 2016
  6. Yabbeliten
    OP

Yabbeliten Member

Newcomer
    Mar 17, 2007
    United States
    Hbl2Hbc is installed on the Wii U HBC and attempts to load the Wii HBL. I've tried passing through with that but it just leads to the same black screen. Is the dump I have not sufficient as a backup? What files does priiloader modify?

7. Felek666

Felek666 Demonically Uncontrollable

Jan 3, 2017
    Poland
    reddit.com/r/satania/
    YAWMM should have .wads
    Those .wads are used in Wii U [IOS'es] so best thing would be to fix vWii via FTPiiU_Everywhere

8. Yabbeliten
    OP

Yabbeliten Member

Newcomer
    Mar 17, 2007
    United States
    All I can see when I browse the Wii U is, at best, installed titles and some random system files. Where would I find the cIOS files? As I mentioned, I've deleted everything and reinstalled from my pre-mod backup (which was just a backup with FSTOOLBOX) so I'm still curious to why the IOS aren't already back to normal.

9. Yabbeliten
    OP

Yabbeliten Member

Newcomer
    Mar 17, 2007
    United States
    I think I can fix this but I need help.

I need someones backup of slccmpt01 on a european console as mine seems foobared. Any help is much appreciated.

10. Robmead23

Robmead23 GBAtemp Regular

GBAtemp Patron
    Robmead23 is a Patron of GBAtemp and is helping us stay independent!

Our Patreon
    Nov 6, 2015
    I can dump it tomorrow night when at home if you can link some instructions.unless someone can do it before. I've never done anything other than play games lol. Mines a 32gb European if that makes any difference

11. Yabbeliten
    OP

Yabbeliten Member

Newcomer
    Mar 17, 2007
    United States
    Do you have FTPiiu_everywhere? :) In that case, FTP to your Wii U and copy over the slccmpt01 directory, zip it and upload it somewhere.

12. Felek666

Jan 3, 2017
    Poland
    reddit.com/r/satania/
    I have slcmttp01 dump. Although i will not share it for following reasons:
    • Warez
    I might give it to you but eh.... somewhere else. My vWii is pretty clean so you would have first-boot stock vWii.
    If you want, i can extract it for you. Somehow. Hit me a PM and i'll send you my Discord and we'll see.

I'm too lazy. But PM me if you need certain IOS.

Last edited by Felek666, May 2, 2017
    Yabbeliten likes this.
  13. asper

asper GBAtemp Advanced Fan

May 14, 2010
    United States
    If you have an eur console you just need to replace slccmpt01\title\00000001\00000002\content\00000023.app

The name of this file is different in USA and jap consoles.

14. Felek666

Jan 3, 2017
    Poland
    reddit.com/r/satania/
    He deleted whole slcmttp01 folder.
    Yes, atleast that's what he wrote to me.

15. asper

asper GBAtemp Advanced Fan

May 14, 2010
    United States
    I don't know about a Wii program able to delete the whole slcmpt01 folder... it seems a bit odd just because sclmpt01 was non-existant on the Wii, it is a WiiU-vWii-only folder... my best guess is priiloader.

16. Marko76

Marko76 GBAtemp Psycho!

Aug 19, 2015
    United Kingdom
    Clydebank
    Sorry for high jacking this thread with a pointless observation but has anyone else noticed every time someone's wiiu is bricked it is always their brother or cousin who has done it. Either there is a lot of shity brothers/cousins in the world or people are just to embarrassed to admit they fucked up lol. Back on track this sounds like 100% that priiloader has been installed.

Felek666 likes this.
  17. Tomy Sakazaki

Tomy Sakazaki GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Oct 23, 2006
    Brazil
    Nah, I happened to see things happen this way, heck one time I was the "friend who tried to config the modchip of a ps2 and bricked the chip" when I've tried to config a matrix modchip clone on a roommate PS2. This happens when someone is starting to search the modding scene and thinks that can improve the hack made on consoles from friends and family.
    Normally what may got so many vWii killed is the fact that when you try to google vWii mods most results are outdated tutorials regarding actual Wii consoles.

18. Yabbeliten
    OP

Yabbeliten Member

Newcomer
    Mar 17, 2007
    United States
    In this case it was my drunk brother.

Anyhow:

I've tried a myriad of things and I've tried a fresh, clean, untouched dump of slccmtp from someone else's Wii U, then used ftpiiu everywhere and deleted the contents of mine, and just put them all in there. This still loads a black screen and I don't even get to the health and safety screen. What could possibly be wrong? Even if it was priiloader this should work?

19. shaneod

shaneod GBAtemp Fan

Mar 3, 2011
    @Yabbeliten
    After you copy over the contents of slccmpt01 via ftpiiueverywhere, you then need to set permissions 0x666 via wupclient and it'll work perfectly.
    ftpiiueverywhere doesn't support changing permissions, so you need to use wupclient.

If you don't set permissions, it'll black screen after the Wii logo.
    I suggest trying your original backup again.

Last edited by shaneod, May 5, 2017
  20. Yabbeliten
    OP

Yabbeliten Member

Newcomer
    Mar 17, 2007
    United States
    Edit: Tried this. User WinSCP to set it from 0755 to 0666 and applied it recursively in slccmpt01. Looking through my SLC and MLC folders via ftpii_u everywhere, those permissions are all 0755 and work fine. Is the problem really here?

Edit2: Just noticed your edit. I'll try wupclient. Any advice, I'm not familiar with the syntax there.

Last edited by Yabbeliten, May 5, 2017