Hacking vWii bricked?

CoolAlpha

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Hello,
today I got a used Wii U 32GB with the 5.2.0 E firmware but I have issues when inserting a Wii game.
As soon as I insert it I get an error screen with the code 101-0101.
If I enter the Wii menu I get a black screen.
Is anything I can do?
I want also to reset to factory settings the Wii U but it ask for a internet connection.
Is safe to put the Wii U online to do that?
I don't want to update the console to the latest firmware...

Cylent1

Community Smart Ass!
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It seems to me someone fiddled with the vWii when they didn't know exactly what they were doing.
I would use a Mario Party 10 or Splatoon disc to update TO 5.3.2, Then I would spoof it immediatly befor I went online to reset to factory default.
Also this would be the only way to get your vWii to work correctly if I'm not mistaking.
Good luck in your Journey's!

Last edited by Cylent1,
D

Deleted User

Did you buy this new? If so return it.

Did you buy this used? Was it already hacked on the vWii side? Is HBC on the main screen? Does it load?

There hasn't been a vWii push since 4.1, so updating to 5.3.2 won't do you any favors. Plus if your IOS are messed up, it can at worst refuse the update.

Last edited by ,

CoolAlpha

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
It seems to me someone fiddled with the vWii when they didn't know exactly what they were doing.
Yeah, I think so too...I hope that somehow later I will be able unbrick as the hacking scene evolves

I would use a Mario Party 10 or Splatoon disc to update TO 5.3.2, Then I would spoof it immediatly befor I went online to reset to factory default.
Hopeefully it will update, first I have to find a dvd, @gunner007 said that the IOS can be messed up and the console can refuse the update, is that true?

Did you buy this used? Was it already hacked on the vWii side? Is HBC on the main screen? Does it load?
Yes it is used, no HBC on the main screen, only the Wii Menu, and as soon as I insert a Wii game the console gives the error 101-0101. I can enter the menu but then I get black screen on tv (and the message on the gamepad that it cannot be used)

Its fucked. Return it
Nah, I got it for 180€ with 7 games, I'll use the WiiU at least...

Last edited by CoolAlpha,

EmceeKerser

Trophies
XP
Country
Yeah, I think so too...I hope that somehow later I will be able unbrick as the hacking scene evolves

Hopeefully it will update, first I have to find a dvd, @gunner007 said that the IOS can be messed up and the console can refuse the update, is that true?

Nah, I got it for 180€ with 7 games, I'll use the WiiU at least...

Yes. The console can refuse to update, depending on whats been done to it, maybe (and this is a big maybe, since youre on 5.2) when more homebrew comes out, there will be a way for you to fix it. However at this stage its not fixable.

CoolAlpha

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Yes. The console can refuse to update, depending on whats been done to it, maybe (and this is a big maybe, since youre on 5.2) when more homebrew comes out, there will be a way for you to fix it. However at this stage its not fixable.
This morning I was able to reset it to factory defaults (I waited for over 30mins with a black screen, then I decided to remove the power and hopefully the console turned on) and I configured it.
I remember that before the reset I was getting a message "Preparing update" or similar and then I got an error like "update failed, check your internet connection", and after that I was able to start the game(s).
I don't think that I have games with fw higher than 5.2.0 (which probably was installed via internet, but I don't know if before or after the vWii brick)

CoolAlpha

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Ok, finally I got Mario Party 10, the update starts but at 29% I get the error 162-3147 :(
Am I stuck on 5.2.0 forever?

[^Blark^]

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Last edited by [^Blark^],

endoverend

AKA zooksman
Trophies
Website
zooksman.com
XP
Country
United States
You're in a tough situation because you can't boot any games that give homebrew access on your vWii. If you could run homebrew then we could run a sysCheck to see what's wrong, but that's not currently an option. You're sure that no games will boot at all on your vWii?

CoolAlpha

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
You're sure that no games will boot at all on your vWii?
Yeah, as soon as I insert a game I get the error 160-0101 while starting the Wii menu I get a black screen
Another strange thing (dunno if it is a console or gamepad issue) is that when I turn on the console the left joystick goes crazy and it selects the mii on the top left, I have to reset the controller keeping pressed A + B + (-) + (+) for 4 seconds on every boot

Last edited by CoolAlpha,

endoverend

AKA zooksman
Trophies
Website
zooksman.com
XP
Country
United States
What EmceeKerser is saying could potentially help, but not for a few months or more. But for now your vWii is basically bricked, and your Wii U can't update because of how bricked it is.

CoolAlpha

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
If you're on 5.2 then maybe you could use a potential future IOSU exploit to fix it
Well seems to be my last hope :) but who knows when it will be released, also many users are switching to 5.3.2 because of loadiine...

. But for now your vWii is basically bricked, and your Wii U can't update because of how bricked it is.
Do you think I'll be able to run sysCheck with this hoax?

Kenrick Eason

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
vWii is Bricked! My worst mistake when I patched the system menu to read copy disc.. Big Mistake! Now every time I go to vWii it stuck on Black Screen.. Is it a fix to turn it back to 4.3 U normal... I'm stuck in a hard place right now...

endoverend

AKA zooksman
Trophies
Website
zooksman.com
XP
Country
United States
vWii is Bricked! My worst mistake when I patched the system menu to read copy disc.. Big Mistake! Now every time I go to vWii it stuck on Black Screen.. Is it a fix to turn it back to 4.3 U normal... I'm stuck in a hard place right now...
No, at this point there's basically nothing you can do to fix it. if you're desperate, you can try updating the Wii U or even formatting, but those only have a very small chance of working.

D

Deleted-355425

Why did you do this?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: Also nice. Never really watched Fallout on Prime, but sounds like a good show. +1