OP
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
Hello there! Can you guys help me?
I have trouble loading games from an 32GB USB drive which works perfectly
I have tried many loaders...
Configurable USB Loader says "error: not a Wii disc". The ISO worked before with no problems. I transfered it again and stayed the same. It also happens with every new game I put on it.
On WiiFlow and USB Loader GX,they don't show the games channel banner and it has no sound. When I launch it,just a blackscreen shows up.
I have another pendrive which works with no problem but it's smaller.
Does it has to do with the pendrive? It's in WBFS file format. The Isos work flawlessly on Dolphin and that other pendrive in the Wii.
I use WBFS Manager and Wii Backup Fusion. Both Wii and vWii have d2x v10 beta 53 cIOS. What's the problem?

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
If it's a 32GB USB Drive, I guess it's a flash drive.
Flash drives are not always compatible, external HDD have better compatibility.
But if the loader detects the drive and list games, I guess it's working. You might have issues writing/dumping games to the drive.

If USBLoaderGX displays a black banner animation, it's usually because the ISO is corrupted.
like Greywolf said, if you use WBFS partition format, only the last added game is sure to be good, all previous games can become corrupted when adding/deleting a game from the partition.
You can keep WBFS partition as long as you know and understand that games can corrupt, but be sure to never use WBFS manager (that's the one responsible for corruption).
I don't know about Wii Backup Fusion, maybe it fixed the bug, maybe not.
You should use WiiBackupManager or Wwt/wit command line tools, both are fine to manage WBFS partitions.

Thanks! What loader supports FAT32?
ALL loaders support FAT32.
You can convert your WBFS partition to FAT32 without losing games, but already corrupted games will still not work.
Look in my signature, there's wbfs2fat and a guide to do it. it's really fast (less than 2 seconds) to convert it.

The new partition might have the games unrenamed, you can then use WiiBackupManager to automatically rename the folders to the most commonly used layout :
usb_partition:/wbfs/Game Title [GameID]/GameID.wbfs

WiiBackupManager settings:
FAT32/NTFS tab :
- Store games in separate subfolder
- naming title : Title_[ID] (that's the default naming convention used in USBLoaderGX)
- Split : 4GB
- Automatically update storage convention when drive is mounted

Title tab
misc : use Wiitdb
language : <let the user choose their preferred language>
Click "download title.txt" to get the latest game's titles for that language.
renaming : use wiitdb titles for file and folders name
next time you mount the drive, all your games and folders will be correctly named.

Reactions: danielyoshisfc

danielyoshisfc

Banned!
OP
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
If it's a 32GB USB Drive, I guess it's a flash drive.
Flash drives are not always compatible, external HDD have better compatibility.
But if the loader detects the drive and list games, I guess it's working. You might have issues writing/dumping games to the drive.

If USBLoaderGX displays a black banner animation, it's usually because the ISO is corrupted.
like Greywolf said, if you use WBFS partition format, only the last added game is sure to be good, all previous games can become corrupted when adding/deleting a game from the partition.
You can keep WBFS partition as long as you know and understand that games can corrupt, but be sure to never use WBFS manager (that's the one responsible for corruption).
I don't know about Wii Backup Fusion, maybe it fixed the bug, maybe not.
You should use WiiBackupManager or Wwt/wit command line tools, both are fine to manage WBFS partitions.

ALL loaders support FAT32.
You can convert your WBFS partition to FAT32 without losing games, but already corrupted games will still not work.
Look in my signature, there's wbfs2fat and a guide to do it. it's really fast (less than 2 seconds) to convert it.

The new partition might have the games unrenamed, you can then use WiiBackupManager to automatically rename the folders to the most commonly layout :
usb partition:/wbfs/Game Title [GameID]/GameID.wbfs

WiiBackupManager settings:

Wii Backup Fusion is a GUI of Wiimm's tools so it should be fine
I will try your guide... also,what HBC USB loader supports FAT32 with no problems? The only one I know that has FAT32 support is WiiFlow and it doesn't work at all.

Thanks for the help! :)

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Wiiflow, CFG loader and USBLoaderGX all are supporting FAT32, as long as you have a cIOS > rev17 (cIOS d2x v8 or newer recommended)

if your loader had a WBFS partition on your previous boot, you might have to refresh/force a drive remount to make it detect the FAT32 partition.
I know only how to do it with USBLoaderGX :
Settings > HDD settings > click on the first option to force a partition format check.

edit:
just a thing you could try if you are on windows:
Launch WiiBackupManager and mount your WBFS partition.
Select the option "tools>WBFS>Fix free block table".

The block table is the one responsible for the game corruption. WBFS Manager marks used game data as free blocs, so installing a new game overwrites these data.
WBM can fix the wrongly marked as free blocs to prevent future corruption.

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
yes, you can.
If I remember correctly, WiiGSC is only a forwarder launching a USBLoader with argument to the GameID to boot.
then the loader is responsible for launching your game, so the compatibility is based on the one from the loader.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    also gonna install twilight menu in my r4 flashcard
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    One thing that just occurred to me.... The sound on the 2600 sucked less back then the harsh sound we hear now is from infinitely better speakers we have now, back when the 2600 was new speakers produced a almost muffled sound, like CRTs made old graphics look slightly better.
    I wonder if I could recommend that to some emulation devs that perhaps the sound could use some smoothing out to simulate those old TVs
    I think a few of the early systems could benefit from that, at least up to the 8 bit generation, by the 16 bit generation I think TVs had gotten a lot better in almost every way
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    i dont have an sd card adapter but I have an usb sd card adapter
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Old people games
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    its not the one that comes with the r4
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    doesnt work (my flashcard is from r4isdhc.com)
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    might install ysmenu first
    Try Wood firmware
    For your R4
    It's old but it's the best firmware out for DS stuff
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    it says it only works for the original R4, R4i Gold (r4ids.cn), R4iDSN (r4idsn.com) and Acekard R.P.G.
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    nvm it does support mine
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    but why choose it over ysmenu @Psionic Roshambo?
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    bc im stupid?
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    yea ik im stupid
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    good night
    Just give it a try, but honestly if you have a 3DS you can play DS games without a card just off the internal SD card
    Slightly slower loading but a bit more convenient
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    guys, my fuckin headphones have an out of place speaker
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Did you try wearing them?
    B @ btjunior: @Xdqwerty 16