Hacking vWii and emuNAND/neek for WiiWare games via USB Loader GX?

XC-3730C

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have a WiiU modded with CBHC, and just set up vWii. Wii and Gamecube are working on USB Loader GX (I have the modified version with the 3 separate tabs for Wii, GC, and WiiWare).

I want to be able to play as many WiiWare games as possible, including Konami Rebirth titles, so can someone point me to a good setup tutorial? I did a search on here, but the only one I could find is a post from 2015

Thanks!

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

XC-3730C

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Setup Wiiware games you mean? Just download the Wiiware games you want, they'll be in .wad format. Then get a wad installer this one should work https://sites.google.com/site/completesg/how-to-use/wad-manager. And install them to your vWii. That simple. Then USB Loader GX can see them when you check off the nand titles box.
That much I already know, but since Wii and vWii has a limited amount of memory for WiiWare games, I am looking for a guide to set up emuNAND/neek on my USB drive, so that I have more room, and since neek is needed for Konami Rebirth titles, I need to set that up too for nearly 100% WiiWare compatibility.

EmulateLife

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
That much I already know, but since Wii and vWii has a limited amount of memory for WiiWare games, I am looking for a guide to set up emuNAND/neek on my USB drive, so that I have more room, and since neek is needed for Konami Rebirth titles, I need to set that up too for nearly 100% WiiWare compatibility.

I have Contra Rebirth and Castlevania Rebirth and have played them and it didn't require anything other than the instructions I gave above.

I see what you're saying though about space. Not enough on the vWii's internal memory. But just the part that you said it's needed for the Konami Rebirth titles I can say is false not sure where you heard that.

Last edited by ,

XC-3730C

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Did you set up emuNAND on your vWii? Are you using USB Loader GX? I just modded my Wii U after it sat in a box for a year, and before that, I had to set up emuNAND/neek on an actual Wii to get Konami Rebirth WiiWare titles to work, but I suppose all these years later from what you are saying, meek may not be needed for vWii.

*edit*

So I set up emuNAND in USB Loader. Of course, it seems all WiiWare titles work via emuNAND except for Castlevania Rebirth, and the only way to get that to work is installing to NAND. The only way to display that game in USB Loader GX is to also display NAND channels, but I don't want to display all of the NAND channels, except for Castlevania Rebirth...

Last edited by XC-3730C,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Maximumbeans @ Maximumbeans: That's what I like to see B-) +1